Poetry With Honesty and Humility

Share your own methods, tips or handy tricks which have promoted growth
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Laura Berry
Muted
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Poetry With Honesty and Humility

Post by Laura Berry » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:32 pm

Have been having success with writing poetry to help me connect with my true feelings, and the lyrical nature of the poetry for me helps me soften to the truth of the feelings I have within that want to be felt.

I just wanted to share this as it has had more success for me than music and art and writing and seems to combine all three things and helps me connect to the feelings more deeply.

Just to add, it works best if we are really honest about our feelings, even the icky ones and are in a more humble place where we want to feel them as a result of writing the poetry. It's helping me get honest with myself too and reading them out loud connects me with the reality of how I really feel.

Lots of love,

Laura x

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable