Relaxing into myself

Share your own methods, tips or handy tricks which have promoted growth
Anita
Community Member

Relaxing into myself

Post by Anita » Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:16 pm

I first posted this in the Yoga thread, and I feel it deserves a post by itself.

It feels great to relax into myself, I do like yoga too but it still feels like I am pushing myself onto/into my body against it's will. This way I let go of trying to control the outcome and trust my muscles, that they know what needs to be 'done'.

I read a book by Liz Koch and for more information:  http://www.coreawareness.com/

Here is:
To lie down on the back, knees bent 90 degrees and resting lower legs on a chair or a low table. Only a small padding for the head and using a yoga mat or a blanket to lie down on. I stay in this pose approx 1,5 hour. This is to get the psoas muscle to relax on its own accord. The psoas muscle, holds lots of tension and fear, and it governs almost every other muscle in the body. So after a while in this position, it starts to get painful, and may take time go get up to an hour in this position. I have had muscles reacting in my foot, even in my ear I felt a painful pulling once. Lately I have slowly been getting into a Lot of pain in my left shoulder blade, which I have not been aware of, I have known for years that there was something wrong there, but not felt the pain of it. The other day I had a major emotional release regarding feeling grief and longing for my soul mate. I feel it would have taken me a lot longer to get to that grief if I had not been doing this exercise. I have had so much rage towards him and men in general. And now that pain in the shoulder blade is gone. And I feel that my rage towards men have lessened. It is really interesting.

I have been doing this 8 months now almost every morning when I wake up. It takes patience and time and especially when I was not so sincere with feeling myself from the beginning.
I started to get some results when I got more sincere and had more of a desire to feel the underlying emotions to my stiff and painful muscles.

Cheers
Anita
Anita Tännström

Anita
Community Member

Re: Relaxing into myself

Post by Anita » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:27 am

I forgot to mention that it is beneficial to drink lots of water to flush out the released toxins afterwards.
Anita Tännström

Marky T
Muted
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Marky T » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:22 pm

I need to spend a little more time relaxing I think! I always find I have to be doing something, and I go to the gym a lot too. I sometimes hear myself say, why don't you just spend time doing nothing? Maybe I will give this a try, I have much tension in my back, which I know is psychological tension. :-)

rizasukman
Community Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by rizasukman » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:00 pm

Hi Anita,

In the same line of things, I recommend TRE (Tension and Trauma Releasing Exercises). Less of a slow and gentle approach but perhaps can be interesting to try. I am training to get certified, so if you want someone to lead you through the process, I'd be able to do it through Skype. TRE suggests that shaking is a natural bodily mechanism to assist in releasing tension, stress, and trauma but doesn't go into depth about emotions and the soul.

Thanks for the interesting information. I am very interested in emotional connection with the body.
Riza
Riza Sukman
riza.sukman@gmail.com
+32-2-770-9865
+32-485-686-282

Anita
Community Member

Post by Anita » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:17 am

Hi Riza,
I was just about to reply in your post about Intellectual "thinking"
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=464
to suggest this very exercise.

I have been doing TRE for some years and found that I did not get as deep as I wished to.

I have got deeper into myself with relaxing my psoas but it takes time. I do it every morning, straight after having had my 2 litres of water. After lying in this position for a couple of hours I get into shaking and feeling fear now. Lately I have been more desirous of feeling my fears and that helps too.

This my spending time with myself in the morning is very valuable to me. I have gotten into hurt emotions that was stored in my shoulder. I move my arms in different positions and let them stay and relax for longer period of time then I get to feel pain. Pain that is stored there because the muscles in my shoulders are stiff and hardened. And I don't know how I would get access to them on my own. And all this just by relaxing. It's such a gentle way with myself really.

It's a bit funny how we want to offer each other these exercises :D
Anita Tännström

Felicitas
Community Member

Post by Felicitas » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:51 pm

Hallo Anita
Thank you for sharing this relaxation exercise.
TRE also came to mind when I read about the psoas muscleman your post.

I did the basic TRE training in London two years ago and practiced quiet a bit afterwards.
I had he feeling that it helps to get things moving again when I feel emotionally blocked.
I often felt cold shivers of fear leaving my body while shaking, also some hot flushes of anger were triggered a few times and I also felt I was able to get into grieve with it at times.
I did not continue the training as I felt some training standard was not in harmony with divine truth. That pain is not needed to be felt to release trauma and that the experience of any pain should be avoided within a session. That put me off.

In general I found it very useful so but I haven't used it for some time now.
Riza thank you for bringing it up. I will incorporate it into my routine again as I felt it helped me to be more in touch with my body and emotions.
Where are you based Riza?

rizasukman
Community Member

Post by rizasukman » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:22 am

Anita,

Thanks for the recommendation for passive psoas release. I never thought about doing it with my legs raised like that. I have already done it three times. I feel that TRE has a valuable and useful function and that would be to normalise shaking as a natural response of the body to release fear and opening contributing to opening people's minds, but I do agree with Felicitas that like many other scientific organisations it is lacking in offering the whole version of the Truth.

Felicitas,

I am based in Brussels for 10 months but lived mostly in Bali and some in the USA.

I would recommend to anyone and to both of you, the processing fear Video with the Ramtha channeling at the end. Also, includes valuable information about using the body in your journey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWkZXVl7b0Q
Riza Sukman
riza.sukman@gmail.com
+32-2-770-9865
+32-485-686-282

Anita
Community Member

Post by Anita » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:48 pm

Hi Riza and Felicitas
Yes, TRE has been very helpful for me to be able to open up to my body shaking and trembling.

If you guys would like to we could Skype and share about the experience we have with these exercises.

Cheers,
Anita
Anita Tännström

julie_bennion
Community Member

Post by julie_bennion » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:27 pm

Hi Anita ~
This is such a great tool!, I've been experimenting with it the past 3 mornings, instead of going straight for breakfast, and it's just so helpful, in so many ways! ~ getting out of my usual 'go to' addiction, getting into drinking more water first thing, opening to my body & breathing consciously, as fully as I can, and this morning, I felt a greater desire to communicate with God while in that space.

I'm excited to keep exploring, hoping to get further into the deep, fierce hold in my right hip & psoas muscle, and to open more to connecting with Mom~Dad, while I'm at it! :D

Thanks so much!!

julie_bennion
Community Member

Post by julie_bennion » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:02 pm

Thanks for letting me know more on the proper way to do this, Anita ~ not in bed, but on a not-so-cushioned floor, so that the psoas can fully release. I tried it as you've suggested this morning and after 20 minutes or so, my legs went close to numb from lack of circulation. I'm curious to see how it goes over time, so I'll continue with it.

Warm Thanks!,
Julie