To not wait for LoA events to be triggered

Share your own methods, tips or handy tricks which have promoted growth
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Johanne
Community Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

To not wait for LoA events to be triggered

Post by Johanne » Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:39 pm

A while ago, I heard Jesus say that we didn't have to wait for the law of attraction to bring us events to trigger our emotions in order to grow but we can use other means to do so.
He was talking about triggering our physical fears by doing things we were afraid of or watch movies like "2012" to trigger our fear of earth changes etc.
I used to only watch funny movies or programs on tv or spiritual oriented emissions or videos. Yes like a lot of us I was into new age crap. ( I'm French speaking and that word "crap" cracks me up everytime).
So I started to watch very violent movies and documentaries about stuff like concentration camps and movies like The stoning of Soraya, to trigger my fear of violence but also to trigger my fear to being manipulated, my fear of people in autority etc. I also used documentaries about slaves and children in Africa or about fraud or conspiration. I watched hundred of hours of movies including the most scary movies about possesion (watching them alone and in the dark).
I must say that it helped me a great deal not only with fears but also with my way of seeing people that perpetrate what scares me.

This is a link for a seminar in 2009 October 25th, Fear processing , https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmOBVciqEVc
and on the DLP website when you go to the download section on the date of the video, there is an outline of a list of movies to trigger different emotions.

catherinej
Newcomer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: To not wait for LoA events to be triggered

Post by catherinej » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:44 am

Hi Johanne ,
Thanks for sharing the video. I watched it and did not catch the name of the movies. I also did not see the date of the video listed on the https://www.divinetruth.com website under the downloads section. Am I missing something?
Also what does the P stand for when you reference "DLP website"?
Is there another website this information is located on?
Thank you,
CJ

catherinej
Newcomer

Post by catherinej » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:48 am

Ah ... I see! The date is the number code on the video. I found it. I was looking for the date published instead.

Johanne
Community Member

Post by Johanne » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:44 pm

Sorry Catherine, my mistake. I wrote DLP for Divine Love Path but I meant the Divine Truth website.
Here is the link for the outline
http://divinetruth.com/www/en/pdf/Event ... ine%29.pdf

Niky
Community Member

Post by Niky » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:44 pm

Hi Johanne,

I remember AJ saying that the LoA operates in every moment. Take note of all the little things bothering you throughout the day. I find the little irritants can have a lot going on inside of me once I confront them, or once they build up and have to confront them because it's distracting. By confront, I mean maybe like talk to the event. Or talk to the person, without blaming them. It's not about whose fault it is, it's about how it made you feel, and feelings can be illogical. It doesn't have to be a full on conversation, I find that just the act of saying something triggers a lot in me, then I excuse myself. This doesn't seem to match your specific fear you're talking about, but I think it will bring up other fears anyway.

Niky

Perry
Community Member

Post by Perry » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:13 pm

Hi guys,

Yeah, I would agree with Niky in saying the LOA is constantly in process. I would say that we mostly don't recognise this fact because 'WE DO NOT WANT TO' notice our LOA events (due to our fears of course). I think this is why a lot of people avoid 'Prayer' (which is actually the most important thing to do). I know I do still get scared sometimes when I pray, as you never know what God will reveal, especially if God wants to help us confront a Fear !!! But this is a process, and eventually our 'Faith' will become stronger, and we will come to LOVE our LOA events and 'WANT TO NOTICE THEM' all of the time.

And yes of course, we can also 'actively' confront our Fears / grief by watching movies ect or engaging in events/relationships/activities that we know will 'trigger' us.

So I'd say engage both ;)

I often like to watch this seminar ' Positively receiving Gods gifts'. Jesus explains how God is constantly giving us gifts through our LOA.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMeS6r1HH1M

Bex
Community Member

Post by Bex » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:02 am

yes Perry! what you said in regards to "we do not want to see our LoA" is so true and a very simple analogy that came to me was you know at school or when you are first discovering the book "The Secret" and they say, walk out of your front door and look out for everything the colour brown. Immediately all you see is the colour brown but every day before that you never noticed it! Thats how I feel the difference is between me engaging my will to acknowledge my LoA or not. Having said that most of the time i have brown blinkers on .....