Mirror Work

Share your own methods, tips or handy tricks which have promoted growth
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Allegedly Dom
Community Member

Mirror Work

Post by Allegedly Dom » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:21 am

Soul gazing into our own eyes in a mirror has helped me tremendously. I find it's easy to hide things from ourselves, but staring yourself in the eyes deeply and honestly usually brings something up. Last night in particular I was reflecting on how I've treated women in my life out of psychological revenge because of emotional injuries sustained from my mom. I wasn't even fully aware I have been doing it my entire life. This brought up deep sadness and I cried hard, when I stopped crying I would look myself in the mirror and find more sadness and cry even harder for a total of almost 3 hours. I prayed the whole time for God to let me feel more of this suppressed sadness and for forgiveness. God also brought up a lot of other revelations to me I hadn't even considered which was very insightful. Hope this helps you guys! :)

Max
Community Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Mirror Work

Post by Max » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:57 am

Hi Dom
I've done this on occasions and found it a wonderful way of bringing up all sorts of feelings of self judgment and self love. Have you tried standing in front of a full length mirror naked and doing the same thing? It's like figuratively removing your facade and seeing yourself warts and all. It can be very confronting and liberating and quite beautiful sometimes.

Cheers

Max

Allegedly Dom
Community Member

Re: Mirror Work

Post by Allegedly Dom » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:41 am

Yeah for sure. I have a nice big mirror in my bathroom so before I shower I always observe my entire natural body for a while. I used to judge the hell out of myself for being fat, shave pubic/body hair in certain places and my eyebrows from emotionally sustained damages in my younger days. I actually had a couple painful plantar warts and tiny ones on my knuckles occasionally throughout my life, but they all healed and went away naturally when I stopped battling them as well. But in the past two years of finally being able to see my abs from working out a little and mostly just eating raw vegan I now find myself marveling at it from the struggles, the journey it has been through and all the knowledge I obtained to be able to restore my body to this beautiful natural state. I stopped battling weight by simply eating as raw and natural as possible which maintains my weight/abs effortlessly. I also stopped adulterating my body and now just let it be, not shaving anything; allowing myself to be perfect as God designed me to be. Funny, the more I stop caring how people might judge me, I've never gotten so many compliments in my life before when I go out in public, mainly about my hair and beard; and from people I would've never expected to compliment me. They totally catch me off guard sometimes and make my day! :D I went from being called things like "GQ" or "Keanu Reeves - Neo" to the most recent one now "Jack Sparrow" lmfao! Even my mom told me the other day when we went out to dinner that she was so amazed how well everyone accepts me as I am. She had huge fears of me being rejected or judged (because she's projecting how she really feels about herself and this need to overly protect me). I further confront her fears teasingly by telling her I'm going to turn it into dreads haha. I'm not sure if I really want to do this yet, I just want to do whatever is natural. Supposedly if you don't brush and comb it it will dread on its own? /shrug. I went from being a time wasting high maintenance conformist to a minimal upkeep stress/care free sovereign individual. It's so liberating!

Thanks for your reply! :)

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable