Abuse in Aged care and Disability

Stuck in your progression? - Ask for advice
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Christiana
Newcomer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Abuse in Aged care and Disability

Post by Christiana » Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:45 am

Hello

Over the past months I have been training to become an Assistant In Nursing for Aged and Disability Care. During my training I found gaps of integrity and ethics within the classroom training process. I raised these issues with the training organisation which received no reply.

As part of the training I had unpaid student placement within a couple of organisations. And now I have casual employment with two organisations which I am currently participating in their orientation training.

During my time of training and orientation I have been privileged to witness heart touching examples of loving human care and sincere kindness. I felt at the time my desire rise to have my heart so open able to extend such care. On the other side of coin, I have not only witnessed, but by my silent association/participation, I have been complicit in emotional abuse and "rough" handling by carers. In my "student" role I am in fear of speaking up, making an excuse that I didn't know the client enough or the situation/history to be "qualified" to comment. Although I could feel strongly that it was a breach of love.

Another workplace, I am also learning to do home care with clients who have spinal injuries. I have been instructed from my employer to accept and placate anger, ridicule and personal attacks from my clients.

Everything in this care industry is dollar and time driven.

This has been a massive invitation for me to reflect on my own ethics in many ways. I decided do this training as I wanted to be more personally responsible in earning money and get off dole payments. My prayer to God was to do work that I felt passionate about, where I could be of service using my desire to care for others and be able to improve my financial situation. As a teenager I wanted to do nursing and applied to a large hospital but at the same time I met my first husband and opted for security (fear not love based) of a family rather than follow my desires. I have also been struggling with my other passion with flower essences through feelings disillusionment, figuring I will never get it right from a point of God's truth. I can feel I'm so much out of harmony with God with all of this somehow...not sure exactly how yet.

Anyway, what I would like some guidance with how I address these issues from a point of love. Do I go and speak to authorities about the incidents of abuse that I have witnessed? I'do feel fear that I will speak to the wrong person and be sacked.

What do I do with these laws of attraction and exposure of unloving behavior from an ethical, moral, practical place? I am deeply saddened and alarmed for my vulnerable sisters and brothers. I feel I need to speak up for them.

I can feel I'm stumbling on and over errors of love, truth, humility, morals, ethics on so many levels here.

Christiana

maureen
Community Member

Re: Abuse in Aged care and Disability

Post by maureen » Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:58 pm

Hi Christiana,

I was just thinking this week that it might be good to have a section about self/personal responsibility on the forum because it is so key in being able to grow toward God and to be able to really help with the divine truth teachings reaching people on earth into the future. I mean, how can we see our dreams come to fruition if we don't work our way through this issue of personal responsibility?

When I was back in school few years ago for a master's degree in education, I had many of these same issues come up. I remember going into the local elementary school for “observations” and being so sickened by what I saw the art teacher doing to the little children (screaming at, belittling, terrifying, confusing, humiliating them). I would run home on my lunch break and lay in grass in my yard and cry my heart out. I went to my professors in a state of alarm. But, since their objective was to “keep the peace” with all the local schools so they could have places to put us all for our training, they had no desire to address the child abuse.

This was a chance for me to feel about my own childhood and the way I was sacrificed by people often because of opposing self interests. I felt a lot about how hopeless I felt at the mercy of unloving authority figures who had control over my very survival. Also, it became a chance to connect to what I wanted to do someday...to help create loving places for children to learn and grow (where they weren't shut down or drugged at every turn). This helped me to begin to feel about where I am out of harmony with God's truth when it comes to issues around my own soul's capacity to really participate in creating loving systems. And where I feel disempowered and as though I need to “find a way” to “make it work” while remaining inside of unloving structures (that at times have no desire to become more loving). There turned out to be little I could "do" other than talk to the children in secret about how wrong it was, and report him to the school district (which did lead to his early retirement). I spoke too to the teacher about his own childhood, but he felt it was ok to do this because of his own past. Still, the whole school system here was riddled with various forms of this type of oppression and abuse...which was quite distressing and terrible to feel about.

Nowadays, I work with people with developmental disabilities. I am employed by a company whose owner has been pretty clear to us employees from the start that he is most interested in his own "bottom line" financial success (even though he does have some care and concern for the clients and is also bound by state and federal law as that is where the money comes from to assist this group of people). And, because of that, there have been some difficult situations for us all to deal with (to say the least).

I work with people who where either born with a disabilities or became disabled before they were 18 years of age. So, many were just born into bodies that have issues because of many generations of familial and planetary denial and choices not to face things. And, it is struggle on a daily basis for many of them to do basic things or to have all the “normal” things in life that many of us want..like independence, driving a car, having a mate, having children and a career, etc.

This is a group of people who are totally innocent yet have to deal with difficulties they had no hand in creating. I would love to become healthy and loving enough to participate in events that would allow them to be healed while they are on earth. I would love to assist people with healing the types of disabilities that these souls struggle beneath in ways similar to those described in the chapter on The Magnetic Chorale in Through the Mists. But, as Jesus and Mary say, we must all be healed and loving enough ourselves for these types of events to become possible and available to others on earth.

Like Jesus often says, it is key to take actions and move in the direction of more love, even though we are not “perfect.” I too took my job because I wanted to start to take responsibility for my material life. Something I had been avoiding all my life. And have felt ensnared in similar ways in these pursuits.

For me what has been working is if I take each thing that is provocative emotionally and, before I go toward anyone with it, I take time to work through my own feelings about the circumstances/events as much as possible. This helps me to see what the issues are really. And, it allows me to approach others (if I need to) from a place of love. Like for now, you have a multitude of emotions that surface and accompany the concerns a particular incident brings up. If you take the time and space to feel those feelings first, you will be much more balanced with others who you might need to bring concerns to for help. There have been a number of times when I was moments away from calling my manager and quitting...but, just stopping that action, and feeling my childhood emotions instead, shifted things.

When I look at and feel my own emotions more deeply, then I become more clear about who, what, when and where I might (might not) need to take some action.

I've had this job for about three years now and I have learned a lot about my own soul level beliefs about survival and how I still believe I must exist within other people's unloving creations. Rather than create something loving myself. Firstly, in order to get my own basic needs met, and secondly because I don't know how to make things happen to fulfill my own dreams. I am really still quite immature in this area. And this job is allowing me to face and grow beyond this relationship to life and resources.

Choosing to move take personal responsibility is huge for people like us who have not matured in this way. As I have begun these past few years to just start moving in a new direction....and into taking full responsibility for my financial life (which is ongoing and developing), I can feel now how unloving and demanding I was before in expecting to be rescued. And, also, how I had a lot of “magical thinking” about things coming into being around things I wanted to see unfold on earth. Plus, now I have new freedom that comes with stability and knowing my rent and food and bills will be paid each month to grow other desires like finishing a large series of paintings and setting up a business for selling them and I am beginning to move toward facing/uncovering and healing blocks around abundance and ultimately taking full responsibility (including financially) for my dreams and desires.

So, for me, I am doing a number of basic things to sort my way through the “material world” and issues of financial responsibility. Firstly, I try to feel all my own emotions first. This helps me to see in my current job if it is important for the people in my care that I address something for their safety. Which I do need to do from time to time. And when I do, I just follow the protocol (up the ladder)...until the issue is resolved. Even if it means I may lose my job. I also am trying to stretch myself and find mentors who can show me more about love and material success as I have a lot of injuries about that and have chosen to stay poor which I can see will impede me and I will not be able to fulfill my passions by holding onto. Even if we will all be in a gifting economy at some point, it is not here yet and so I need to start with where I am around these issues within my own soul now I feel...in order to help such a thing come into being.

I just recognize too that it is unloving for me to go into other people's creations and try to change them when that is not welcomed or wanted. And that I just have to feel the hopelessness and grief of the choices many people make to keep systems in place that are so damaging (like the educational system in the U.S.) With that situation, I never pursued a job in the field (and have a lot of student debt to pay off too because I was only really going to school again to avoid having to take a job when my glass bead business was not sustaining me and I did not want to start again at “the bottom of the world”). Still though, I have a lot of dreams and visions and passions around education that I hope to apply to helping create Divine Love curriculum and things like that down the road. So, all is not lost. I can just keep growing in responsibility and cleaning up the mess of avoiding responsibility all those years which these jobs do help us do and I know God wants me to be responsible because of how it feels to do this now.

I think what you are doing is great. Just feeling your way through the things that surface. When you feel “compelled” to act, assess what the nature of the compulsion truly is before taking action. I have had periods where I have been violently attacked by spirits around the clients on my job and worked through my emotions during those months (which in that case was my father's possessed rage I could never avoid or protect myself from as a little girl)....and now it is a lovely environment to be in most of the time and that relationship grew and changed. I find also that I can see more easily when love would dictate I address something (or not) and when and how to best go about doing that for the clients.

Hope that helps!

Love,
Maureen

Christiana
Newcomer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Christiana » Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:20 am

Hi Maureen
Thank you for your time in responding to my post. Your reply was lovingly considered. I was struck by the similarities, so much so I wanted to write ditto, ditto, ditto...

After I posted last night, I asked myself why I am not talking to God about this. So I did and since then, with the addition of your post, a few things have been highlighted to me.

Love, truth and humility, I need to be constantly bringing everything back to these 3 things. And your reminder struck a big chord with what Jesus says [ it is key to take actions and move in the direction of more love, even though we are not “perfect.”]

I felt to stop, breathe, feel, question and observe. I felt the compulsion to rescue, to be the champion, the hero of the day, of the weak and powerless. I could feel the anger inside from times of being small and powerless subjected to bullies and no-one caring. And even when I spoke of injustice, I was ignored. I then realised that I could be more loving in my approach to the organisations. There perhaps are ways in which I could draw attention to issues of concern without rolled up sleeves of confrontational drama. You also highlighted this.

Issues of hypocrisy came to light too, of how I jump on other people's unloving behaviour while blatantly ignoring mine.

I didn't realise how much investment I have in avoiding the humble learning process. I want to jump this phase and go straight to being all knowing on every subject. This is to avoid me feeling stupid for not knowing...and of course the Law of Attraction offers constant opportunities on this one.

I too would love to be in a better condition of love to assist others and participate in healing like the Magnetic Chorale here on earth. I long for liberation for myself and others. To live the abundant life that God intended for all of us. Its going to take perseverance navigating the snakes and ladders game of truth and error and have some faith there will be a series of little wins and perhaps some big one too.

I won't continue, but I have much to reflect, pray and feel.

Again, thank you Maureen, your words were a great help.

Much love
Christiana

Ivo
Community Member

Post by Ivo » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:38 am

Hi Christiana and Maureen,

I don't know exactly how to express what I feel here. But I really love this conversation.
I have reflected and felt about this quite a lot lately as my son is about to start attending school/kindergarten.

I feel it so very important what you are doing. It's about time the healthcare and educational systems started to change through people like you/us. Where the human connection and compassion, i.e., where the heart is the motivator not the mind (and the money)...

And it's certainly true that the work has to start within ourselves first, involving God, and then naturally following our true passions and desires.

Anyway, thank you for sharing your thoughts and feelings on this subject.

Ivo

Angie G
Community Member

Post by Angie G » Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:23 pm

Christina & Maureen,

You both have touched my heart today.

I work in a small US elementary school as a secretary. Every day the little ones come to the office for ice packs, band-aids, not feeling well and to "see the principal" for discipline. About 95% of our families are in poverty and their lives are very hard. I love that our staff and our leader are willing to "do whatever it takes" to help "our kids". I see so much love coming from all the staff, I feel so blessed to be a part of it all. It truly "takes a village". I would love to see love and truth in the curriculum some day. Even though I cannot change the education system here, I know that I CAN have an effect on the lives around me by being loving to those little ones.

I've only been on the DLP for a few years now so I now recognize that my childhood injuries are a big part of where I work. I would have never thought I would end up in education.

Thank you for this conversation.
Have a blessed day!
Angie