Leave job to make time for Divine Love

Stuck in your progression? - Ask for advice
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Niky
Community Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Leave job to make time for Divine Love

Post by Niky » Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:38 pm

I've been planning on this... I've been saving up so that I can spend a period of time without a job, so that I can work on myself and my relationship with God. I think maybe the answer is that this is not necessary, but I feel like working makes life more busy, and it would help if I created more time away from work. Although, work is playground for triggering emotions.

I wanted to ask if Nicky, Perry, or if any of you have tried this, and if it had helped or worked for you.
I want to make the best use of my time in this direction. It includes exercise, eating raw vegan healthy, learning new recipes, spending time in nature, doing music and other passions, and praying for God's Love.

Lena
Community Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Leave job to make time for Divine Love

Post by Lena » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:28 pm

Hi Niki,

I am no sure what approach others had with what you are suggesting, but I am just going to share my own experience.
I have had a short period of time without working, after I have learnt about Divine Truth, but before I have started to volunteer my time helping it.
I can say that that time off work, didn't really give me anything in terms of my emotional connection with God. As I was stressed too much about not having a way to look after myself financially. I can say that it was a time of lack and worry, rather than a lovely connection with God.

I then got a part time job, just for a short while, to pay the bills etc... I didn't want any careers, just to get by with money was enough, and I wanted to give a fair try to Divine Truth.

I can say that I have truly stopped looking for side jobs only recently, after I have been volunteering my time to Divine Truth for nearly 5 years.
I am learning to live off the gifts and donations myself and Igor receive, trust God a little more, and actually receive just enough donations to survive without a job.
There is a long way to go for me before I can say that I do not worry and have a full trust in God, but that is logical when I look at how much I have still to go before I trust God full-heartedly and to develop my soul qualities and to take more actions out of love.

If you can afford to take time off and that's what you feel you must do to figure things out, then it may be just the right thing to do.
If you are pressuring yourself to save up, and then may be stressed out about how long the savings may last, I would say that it's probably not going to be as affective.

At the moment I find if I have 2-3 days a week to myself, it is enough to feel and catch up with what happened during the days I was working.

So I see this subject as a delicate balance between taking personal responsibility, which is loving, gifting my time for something I believe in, which is also loving, and taking time for myself to feel everything, also loving.

Because I can see how one can swing to one or another direction under the same excuse, but in reality to avoid the other.

I feel we have many options and choices how to manage our lives, and in reality there is always one way to find out isn't it Niki, to take actions and learn :)

P.s
I guess my feeling, which I may have not described well enough above, is if stayed home, that would have little effect on my relationship with God, as I am not really challenging myself in any way, I am not gifting myself or sharing myself, well and not looking after myself either. I can see that if I had a very strong desire for God, then I would be more successful at developing my relationship if I am at home alone or out and about working etc..
But obviously if you Niki are not doing what you love, then it is a different question.

Felicitas
Community Member

Post by Felicitas » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:56 pm

Hi Niki,

I'd also like to share my own experience with you here, maybe it helps.
I had the same or a similar desire as you described in your post.
In retrospect it was more an idea that I had how I imagined myself living, but I did not live most of these things. I thought that if I took time out and remove all distraction I would be able to manifest my vision.
I had not saved that much money but I did it anyway, hoping that I would be magically supported. However the money issues came up for me during that time a lot and triggered a lot of feelings of insecurity and after some time I also realized that I wasn't taking full responsibility for myself and that I was unloving towards myself and others.

That said and as Lena already pointed out "if you can afford to take time off and that's what you feel you must do to figure things out, then it may be just the right thing to do.
If you are pressuring yourself to save up, and then may be stressed out about how long the savings may last, I would say that it's probably not going to be as affective."

What I would like to add is that I realized that making the time to do all the things I envisioned myself doing did not help me to do them. I believed that I would be able to change my diet to raw food , concentrate on emotional processing, praying, start exploring different things I believed were my passions etc. but the truth was that I wasn't able to manifest what I imagined.

I know now that I couldn't do it as I hadn't done much of it in my normal day to day life already. I hadn't developed any habits that would support me doing all this, I had emotional blocks and I hadn't opened emotionally to manifest these visions into my life.

Since then my life has changed. I am working as a self employed massage therapist now. I feel this line of work is in harmony with Gods laws and gives me room to grow in love and get triggered. I still feel challenged so to do all the things I want to do, not because I do not have enough time, but because of emotional blocks.
I realize that I have lots of fears exploring what I feel are my passions and staying with it, so at the moment I am working with 'mini habits' and feeling the emotions hat are coming up.
'Mini habits' is a simple technique that focuses on developing habits by setting the goals rediculously low so that there is no resistance and enough will power energy doing them on a day to day basis to form a habit. So for example if you would want to write or draw or pray every day, you would set the goal to write 50 words or draw or pray for 5 min per day. Most of the time you would be inspired to do more than 50 words or 5 min, but on days you feel not inspired at all, you would still want to keep the mini goal up, and in this way succeed and over time this, writing/ drawing/ praying every day, becomes a habit. The mini habit technique works best when done with 2/3 mini habits at the beginning and than more can be added.

Maybe you are already manifesting a lot of your passions in your day to day life and the issues I described above are not relevant to you.
Also if you feel the work you are doing at the moment is not in harmony with Gods laws or there are other issues related to you work I would go for it if it feels the right thing for you to do.

Felicitas
Community Member

Post by Felicitas » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:01 pm

I would like to share the link to the 'mini habit' strategy. It's a course on Udemy, an online learning platform. I found the section on willpower and motivation very interesting, some demo videos can be viewed in the course content. For anyone who is interested https://www.udemy.com/mini-habit-mastery/

Maxine
Community Member

Post by Maxine » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:26 pm

Hi Niki,

Just something I noticed, in your list of things you plan to do praying for God's love was last. I know when I have decided to focus more on my relationship with God, my emotions etc I have written a plan as you have and on reflection the order of that list I think revealed something about my level of desire and/ or fears and blocks I had.

For example, I decide right I really need to receive God's love and be more loving to progress. I write my list of actions. I would be thinking of God on one level, but when I wrote down the list God's love often came last. Looking back, I now see that actually I was in my addiction of "doing" and trying to be good enough so included food, exercise etc in the lists thinking I was attacking things from all angles. The thing is in the end this way has failed for me - firstly because of the addictions, which are a block to God anyway, but mostly because in the list was an avoidance of my fears about it not working, about not feeling good enough for God (or anyone) to love me, and not having enough faith in myself or God - to name but a few.

I also have used time to myself in the past as a way to avoid being challenged in relationships - that is by being less among people I could avoid the issues that brings up for me.

Recently, I have decided to focus on my relationship with God, but this time it feels very different. There is no list. I just pray and talk to God and can feel I have more desire as I also am spending more time effortlessly feeding my soul with DT stuff, contemplating about God's nature from what I see and experience around me. I think the difference is I have/am moving from willpower to will and it is much better. And in response I am noticing alot of what triggers me and allowing more personal truth.

I also realise it is important to allow time for self reflection every day so taking time out for a longer period can be great. I am not saying any of these issues are you as I don't feel I am in a soul condition to assess or feel your level of sincerity so feel free to correct me, but I just wanted to share some of the issues that came up on reflection afterwards that may help your own reflections.

Though I think what this also proves is that experimenting really works one way or another :)

Maxine

Niky
Community Member

Post by Niky » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:09 am

Thanks Lena, Felicitas, and Maxine for sharing your experiences. I did financially plan for this time, so I am okay in that area for now. It's good to read what were your blocks or resistances during those times, or what didn't work for you, so that I can be aware of them in myself. I hope this works for me though. We'll see. :) Thanks for the advice.