Advice on Starting a Divine Truth Group in Eastern Canada

Stuck in your progression? - Ask for advice
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Navjeet Mackie
Newcomer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Advice on Starting a Divine Truth Group in Eastern Canada

Post by Navjeet Mackie » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:38 am

Hi everyone,
I have been thinking about starting a Divine Truth group up here in Eastern Canada (Nova Scotia). I'm not interested in doing anything on Facebook, but would like to somehow get Divine Truth out there (or I should say out here). I share Jesus and Mary's teachings with friends and family and have found most to be not interested, so I don't push it. But I feel there are probably people around here that would be interested and just haven't found it yet.
I was thinking about renting a room and showing the 'Secrets of the Universe' videos, and just putting flyers up to let people know about the event. However, I realize people are quite capable of watching it on their own if they so desire.
Does anybody have any advice or experience with this?
I have watched the clip on groups from the USA Assistance group (thank you Lena) and will strive to make it a loving group (including letting the most loving person take over).
I have a strong desire to share these teachings and really want to do it in the most loving way possible.
Any advice is welcome.
Thank you so much in advance.
Much love,
Navjeet

Felicitas
Community Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Advice on Starting a Divine Truth Group in Eastern Canada

Post by Felicitas » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:43 am

Hi Navjeet
Thank you for posting this. I would be interested in any advice on this too.
I also have the desire to share Divine truth more publicly. I am renting a therapy room in the centre of Munich and wanted to use it for a monthly or bi monthly introduction evening to divine truth. I was just thinking yesterday about finally going to start manifesting this by starting with creating the flyers in the coming weeks, as I had been thinking about it for a year now but have not acted on it.

I planned to put up flyers and put an ad in a free event paper, and show the secrets of the universe videos with subtitle and have print outs of the Prayer for Divine Love in German for people to take with them.
But I feel insecure on how to structure the viewing / evening as I also feel people could watch it on their own, and as the video is quiet long.
I also would like to do it in the most loving way possible, and appreciate any advice very much.

Thank you
Felicitas

Anna S
Community Member

Post by Anna S » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:52 pm

Hi Navjeet and Felicitas
I find it both exciting and nourishing to meet people and discuss Divine Truth in a group - and challenging!

At the moment I am in a group, studying the Assistance group material from 2014. The intention with this group is:
To meet and discuss the presentations we individually have looked at before the group meeting.
To discuss and explore the homework we have done since last meeting.
To practice to discuss and share in a loving way and explore our way of interacting with each other in the group.

Earlier we had a group that looked at different presentations together. We stopped the video anytime somebody had a question and had a discussion about that. It was a very time consuming way of working with the material, so we changed it to everyone looking through the same presentation in advance and bring questions, excitements and other feelings. At that time I was not yet aware of the necessity to also have focus on highlighting any unloving interactions in the group, my own included!

Another issue is if the group is to inspire people who are new to Divine Truth teaching, or if it is for people who have practised Divine Truth previous. To reach out to new people, I think I would start with an information meeting, having a short introduction talk, perhaps look at some clips or FAQ and have a discussion around that. In the introduction talk I would present myself and how I found Divine Truth, the impact it has in my life and why I want to share and inspire others to start investigating the teaching. At the end of the meeting, I would offer a group to meet and discuss the introduction presentations (to begin with).

I have understood that the person initiating a group is the leader for the group and responsible that the group is run in a loving manner. So I have taken the time to create structure for the group, and write an intention and some rules. For example; You don't need to be present every group meeting or looking at all presentations, but if you are coming to a meeting, you must have prepared yourself by looking at the presentation and bring questions and reactions. We have also talked through the necessity to also explore our way of interacting with each other in the group, to get better at noticing, mentioning and learning from unloving interactions.

We have had the gift of Jesus and Mary visiting Gothenburg and giving seminars, which has been the main way of getting in contact with people interested in exploring Divine Truth together in a group.

I hope this can be of help
With love
Anna
Anna Skevik, Sweden

Eloisa
Community Member

Post by Eloisa » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:09 am

Mary shared some really great info a while back on this subject. Think you will enjoy it and it will answer your questions pretty well.

Link below

http://forum.divinetruthhub.com/viewtop ... oups#p2594

Cheers

Eloisa

Navjeet Mackie
Newcomer

Post by Navjeet Mackie » Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:34 am

Thank you Anna, Eloisa, and Mary (for the advice in the link),

After reading these posts I realize I have to look what is driving these desires I have to create a group. I already share Divine Truth with friends and family if they are interested. I guess I just wanted to actively help get the teachings out to more people around here. I want to share them with everyone! But I tend to forget that the law of attraction is always at work and will bring these opportunities to me when it is right. I see that my addiction to have control over a situation is at work here.

I have already put a posting on kijiji (a local classifieds website in Canada), with links to the the introductory videos and the YouTube channel,as a way to help people find Divine Truth. I feel like this is probably be all I do for now, until I feel through this a bit more.

Thanks for all your help.

Much love,
Navjeet (I also go by Lisa)