My Most Special Song To Connect To God With

A particular song helped you? Let's hear it
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Nicky
Site Admin

My Most Special Song To Connect To God With

Post by Nicky » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:50 pm

Hi guys

I've been wanting to share a song that is very special to me that really helped open my heart up to God and God's Love.

John Martin - Anywhere For You

Just a bit of a background to this one...one day I heard a song on the radio. It came on in the car moments after a prayer. It felt as though each line I heard temporarily peeled off another "block" from my heart to God. Anyway after the song finished, I was in total disbelief and completely beside myself and prayed to God again asking if it was God who brought that to me or if it was some kind of "fluke" and I kid you not, 10 seconds after that prayer, the radio presenter said "And now here is a new song by the band, Lorde." I just couldn't believe it.

For me this song has been so instrumental in opening my heart to God. Each lyric is PERFECT and I feel it really shows some of the nature of what God really is like and the amount of love God has for us all. It is very special to me and I pictured the singing voice was God "talking" to me if that makes sense. I was a mess :lol:

Enjoy!

Teresa French
Community Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: My Most Special Song To Connect To God With

Post by Teresa French » Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:21 am

looking forward to listening to that one - shall do so now...

I just wanted to quickly say Nicky - there are no "flukes" ;) ever. Everything is a gift from God, I reckon :)

cheers
Teresa

Kate
Community Member

Post by Kate » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:18 pm

Thanks Nicky.

What you’ve shared about your relationship with God has brought to my attention how closed-hearted I am to receiving love from God and even sincere compliments or genuine projection of love from a person. I don’t want to be overwhelmed emotionally and its a problem because I resist prayer and when I do pray, tend to freak out and shut down the process. While this block remains I prevent myself growing faith, becoming closer to God and learning more about love.

Kate

Nicky
Site Admin

Post by Nicky » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:58 pm

Teresa, yes I completely agree. I believe the little story I shared is a great demonstration of how awesome God is even when you are doubting really obvious gifts that are bestowed upon you. I can certainly say God snuffed out any doubt I did have about that initial experience pretty quickly, by basically saying "No son, that was most definitely me!"

Kate, you were at the first assistance group right? Cornelius' talk about "Fear of Change" is awesome and covers a couple of the things you mentioned in your post. Maybe another view of that talk will help bring more things to light for you? I am glad that what I shared may have opened you up to some things.

Nicky

reed marcotte
Banned
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by reed marcotte » Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:48 pm

Hi Nicky, I'm Reed. I clicked on your song link. Looks like youtube took it down. FYI :)

AllaBarsoukova
Community Member

Post by AllaBarsoukova » Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:32 pm

The link worked just now for me ;)
(in Continental Europe tho).
FYI Reed :)

reed marcotte
Banned

Post by reed marcotte » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:30 am

gotcha Alla just not working in my country. USA, I guess.

Jenny
Community Member

Post by Jenny » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:31 am

Reed (and other folks in the US), here's a link I found: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE4tbjiQ-Ew

Love this! Makes me want to get up and dance. :)