talking to children about God

The greatest gift and feeling in all the universe!
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Angharad
Community Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

talking to children about God

Post by Angharad » Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:47 pm

Hi Guys,
I am not quite sure which section of the forum to post this under, so I hope this is the right one.
I am still very much working on my relationship with God, but I had an experience this morning. I was coming out of a highly emotional sleep state and I reached out to God and felt this incredible sense of being parented,looked after. I was overwhelmed with emotion about the sudden understanding that had I known the truth about God as a child I might have felt so different! That the pain and terror and feeling alone could have been different and what an incredible gift this was, that Gods love was.
What a gift to give a child, the gift of God!
I then felt such remorse for not doing that for my son, not giving him that gift.

I really am unsure of how to talk to him about God when I am still in such early stages of developing my relationship.
How do you talk to children about God? Does anyone have experience of this?

In the past he has been completely resistive and uninterested (a reflection of myself).
Today I just talked to him about my experience, he was open to the conversation but said he didn’t believe in a God (like they teach in school!)or that there was an all powerful man in charge of everything, that you had to answer to and that God was restrictive as you couldn’t say ‘Oh God’ or swear! (he is 11 and just arrived at ‘swearing with your friends is cool’). He simply said ‘I don’t think I want to believe in God’. I remember feeling exactly the same way at his age, a resistance to what I was being taught, as it felt wrong.

So what I am wondering is….. ‘is this still a reflection of beliefs that I have within me”?
I feel that my relationship with God is changing a little tiny bit at a time. I guess the best way is to just keep working on my own relationship with God and that over time as it develops he might hopefully see a difference? Perhaps I still need to address the way I felt as a child that is similar to the way he feels?

Does anyone else have experience of talking to children about God, or introducing God into the picture when you have bought them up very much having an open attitude to faith?

I also feel that when I signed up to this forum I should have put my full name as the one that pops up, not what I get called for short. I feel this was done in fear.

many thanks
Angharad

maureen
Community Member

Re: talking to children about God

Post by maureen » Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:31 pm

Hi Angharad,

Here is a short excerpt on this subject...Jesus on Worrying About Speaking About God

Love,
Maureen

Lena
Community Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Lena » Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:12 am

Hi Angharat,

I remember Jesus answer this question before in the parenting interview with Justin.
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 5OHZd2J8Qj

Justin also has been sharing a bit on the forum his experiences as a parent and how his emotions were effecting his boys and when emotions were released what effect it had on them. You can check it out as well.

One thing stood out to me from re-reading what you have described as your child's reaction towards God. Is that he has some anger towards having an authority over him, feels like he would like to rebel against knowing God because he feels that would restrict him in a way that he doesn't like.
So that would have come from someone in his environment. And possibly hasn't been addressed in people who it came from. Hence he feels it's ok to justify that with his 'logic'.

And I wonder if he had worked through his feelings of anger, that he would not mind then to hear the logic behind knowing God's laws from early on in life.

It would be a powerful experience if you managed to work through the emotions in yourself that have caused him to want to rebel and perhaps saw some changes in him.

Lena

Eloisa
Community Member

Post by Eloisa » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:37 am

Hi Guys

I really enjoy reading your suggestions Lena Thanks, I agree the parenting FAQ's are really awesome! And thanks for the clip Maureen.

In my experience Children are reflectors. They reflect us perfectly. They reflect our denied emotions, they reflect our fears, they reflect how we really feel about people, they reflect how we really feel about ourselves, they reflect everything. They are a true gift and a super awesome way to learn about Love rapidly if we are humble enough to do so.

I would pay attention to what your child says and particularly to how you feel as the attractions are totally perfect for you to feel how you feel which is being reflected to you by your son.

I have experimented with speaking about God with the kids and other people. when I had no idea, felt uncomfortable about even saying God, didn't know if there was a God or if anything I was hearing was true or not the kids reflected that and I met a lot of people who had a lot of different very strong opinions the kids reflected this back to me. They channeled pretty nasty spirits who were really dismissive, abusive, condescending and took the opportunity to attack me (all due to my doubts and the soul 'holes' or openings I had/have to work through). They would often start singing, changing the subject and basically go AWOL when I mentioned God or anything about Truth or Love.

As I have worked through various issues our children have changed and what they reflect is changing.

I am now more likely to speak openly about my discoveries/thoughts/feelings about God and most other subjects with my husband and the children are often around when we do so. They will now at times ask questions and want to know more. At times they also say things to others about God and Love, and make observations about interactions around them. I have more faith in God and though I am still discovering and exploring to know things personally for certain, I feel differently to when I first started. Sometimes the kids will still make really nasty comments, often spirits speaking through them, but each time it is a law of attraction event for me to examine something.

We now also have times when the kids of their own accord want to know things about God or how God makes things and what the spirit world is like , sometimes this is their genuine curiosity and sometimes I feel other spirits are asking questions through them. It is also due to me being more open and curious to knowing which means they don't feel totally shut down about asking.

When they ask the questions these are the openings to share things that we have heard or know for certain from our own discoveries about Love, God, Truth and the universe.

We went from any mention of God being a cause for chaotic distraction to now having questions from the kids about :
'Who is God'?
What is God like?
Where does God live?
what does God look like?
and sometimes they come out with awesome insights about Love and God which are really awesome.
What they ask are often things that I have also been pondering or wondering about and sometimes they give me the opportunity to contemplate things I didn't even think about.

Most of the questions asked I can't answer and I say this to them. I also let them know how they could find out for themselves. Due to my blocks to doing this they have not engaged these experiments themselves yet.

I am finding that by taking the opportunities particularly when the children ask of their own accord is the best time to discuss stuff with them. I pray for opportunities and try and take every opportunity to teach them about what I know or am experimenting with in regards to God, Love and Truth and the principles I am learning about God's Way. When my heart is not in it and I am being hypocritical they ignore me or tell me now.

The kids sometimes really listen and sometimes they just get up and leave and I then have to examine was I 'preaching' or was there some feeling coming out of me? Or is something else going on? I need to also examine my true feelings about God.

I find asking them questions about what they think and feel and allowing the kids to ask and explore is really awesome and shows me about what my beliefs are. I also find it very interesting to observe how our children act and interact with others. listening to what they tell other kids and other adults reflects what I am 'really' telling them and what they are feeling from me in contrast to what I think or would like to believe we are teaching them. Our soul feelings and beliefs are stronger than our words and it seems to me the kids (for the most part) reflect our true feelings not our facade, which I reckon is why parents get so angry at kids so often, they reflect to us what we are not wanting to see and own ourselves.

I keep experimenting, keep feeling how I feel and examining the relationship with what the kids say, do and ask and how I feel and what is going on in my life.

It used to be seriously stressful. Now it is super cool (for the most part, smile).

Have fun!!

Love
Eloisa

maureen
Community Member

Post by maureen » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:55 pm

Thanks so much Eloisa....that is so inspiring to hear....the progression that humility makes possible.

It is so key to allowing truth to surface.

I do not have children around me being so potent with truth, but I have the same (urgent) need to become humble when it comes to what everyone I interact with is reflecting to me about my own lack of love, faith and truth and especially my fears of just letting others express themselves without trying to control or manipulate them (even when what they believe entails a low and frightening perception of me and my own path).

It is terrifying still for me in many situations...but I do not want to be a controlling person...I want to come to allow everyone to exist and express their feelings and beliefs just like God does.

Which means becoming a whole lot more humble.

It's awesome to see the beautiful fruits of your labors...thanks so much for sharing this...it is faith-producing!

Love,
Maureen

Angharad
Community Member

Post by Angharad » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:53 pm

Thank you everyone, that is REALLY helpful.
I was beginning to feel like a total nutter the other day!
I'm going to go away and chew this all over, I has some really stressful dreams about the children Last night, so lots to keep working with.
Many thanks and I'll keep you posted xxxx
Angharad

Angharad
Community Member

Post by Angharad » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:20 am

Hi Guys,
I thought I would come back for a re-read of the great feedback. I have been attempting to work my way through things. I am finding that there is no methodical way to work through things, it seems to be a long and winding path following the emotions as they arise!

Lena, That was a great suggestion about looking at my own 'rebellion'. I have managed to intellectually follow them back to my childhood and mother but am experiencing a lot of resistance getting into the emotions around that.

Eloisa, It's so great to come back and re-read your response from time to time. I get something different every time I read it. I really hadn't considered much about children being spirit influenced negatively. I guess I assumed that because they are in a much more pure state they wouldn't be, which I now see as I am writing, is denial on my part and illogical and playing into my own fears around influence!

I haven't tried talking to my son about God again yet, until I can work through my 'rebellion', which is basically 'mother issues'. I am trying to be more open with discussing developing a relationship with God around the kids (son and nephew). He is clearly picking up on some stuff, as during a word association game the other day someone said 'pray' and he said 'mummy'!

I see there is very little point bringing up the subject unless I am in a genuine,heart felt place with my feelings. I am still struggling to understand how to consistently develop a relationship with God. I seem to have some times/issues that have created beautiful and mind blowing soul connection, and then I think I have it sussed! I am finding my soul is singing and my heart open and I feel I am in a genuine state of prayer. At that point there is not a doubt in my mind about the loving and incredible nature of God, I am overwhelmed the enormity of it and the gentle rawness of the soul at these moments and how change happens.

What I understand less, is how you can go from this place to one that is completely shut down and unable to access God? It's not that I don't believe in Gods existence at this point, I just cannot seem to find a genuine prayer or find the trust……..despite having experienced some of Gods love before? this is completely illogical to me.
I guess I am hitting a fear wall around an issue rather than God? perhaps by avoiding connecting to God I am avoiding connecting to the issues?
I would love to hear if/how other people experience this?
I'm not sure i' i've gone a bit off topic for this particular thread…….
Many Thanks for your feedback again
love Angharad

Amanda Stracey
Community Member

Post by Amanda Stracey » Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:42 pm

Hi Angharad

If you wanted to learn more about denial or what denial really is I've found this talk very useful.

http://youtu.be/uMJKj158XkE

I've found I think that I know what a term like denial or rebellion means or I've skipped over it because I've assumed I understand it when really I don't yet. The descriptions throughout are a real help to seeing what denial looks like in our everyday lives and relate to world events as well as our children.

I've also been collecting clips and full length videos where rebellion is mentioned to give me a feel for what rebellion is about which might also help.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 6VUFUc4B-r