Engaging The Law of Desire

The driving force of us all
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Nicky
Site Admin

Engaging The Law of Desire

Post by Nicky » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:25 pm

Hi everyone

I would like to share what I have been experiencing whilst following some of my desires recently.

Firstly, I have found that there is an antagonistic relationship between desire and fear in the sense that when my fear levels are greater than my desire to love (and choose not to challenge/face the fear and take an action anyway), it will result in inaction. When I have been in this state, it has resulted in me feeling stagnant and unhappy in general because I have realised that I had been making a will based decision to honour fear and treat it as my God, rather than seeing God as God! There is a definite compensatory effect placed on our soul when this occurs (the stagnation and unhappiness we feel). Every time we honour fear, it results in an unloving outcome not just to ourselves but also others. The problem is when we are stuck in our fears, we cannot really see this truth and it's impact due to being in the pain of taking this course of action.

I have been realising how important it is to begin discovering what our soul based passions and desires are, as whilst I have been going through this process and begun connecting to some of my own, I have wanted to take actions in harmony with my desires even though I have a lot of fears in that same direction. I have determined that if I follow my real desires (the one's that God created in me and would love it if I engaged them), all my fears are perfectly triggered in the process. It is a case of being humble to the whole experience and allowing the fears to come up. Each time we take a positive step to engage in our desires, we have a chance to continue purifying them (by the release of addictions and fears which taint the expression of our real selves) over time.

I have really enjoyed the process because whilst it is all pretty intense and a lot of varying emotions come up, you feel totally involved and present in life. I can see this is how God would love us to grow, as we begin understand ourselves further, feeling closer to our guides as well as God and having the most positive impact on others. Some of the greatest moments of joy that I have felt so far have been when I have taken actions in harmony with my desires, faced the fears and come out of the other end, usually feeling surprised how awesome it was and the ton of things that I learnt.

I have experienced that when engaged in my desires (sharing God's Truth to the best of my ability, assisting others, learning my guitar/singing) just how much assistance is available and I am open to receiving from God and my guide(s), particularly if actively asking for it. Engaging in our desires is almost a prayer in itself to God and I have started to feel how when I actively engage in my own desires, it kind of activates God's soul too as I have begun feeling how much God wants to help fulfil our desires and "make it happen" when our intentions are good!

Even when our desires are not coming from a pure & good place, God will still be able to quickly show us what the issues are if we are open to discovering them - which I think is just unbelievable and shows a lot about God's caring and loving nature. In fact, I have found that the more I engage in my own personal desires, the more I learn about God and God's nature, which really deep down inside myself is what I am most deeply passionate about - learning more about God's own heart!

Anyway, just wanted to share my recent reflections whilst continuing to learn about the process along the way :)

Cheers
Nicky

Nicky
Site Admin

Re: Engaging The Law of Desire

Post by Nicky » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:44 pm

Hi everyone

I would just like to make a comment after re-reading this post that I made around 5 weeks ago.

Having read it again, I can recognise a feeling of arrogance within it and I am presenting out a feeling towards others that I "know more" about certain matters concerning fear/following desire and about God than I actually do.

Since completing the first public Divine Truth talk that Peter, Perry and I had done towards the end of May, I have got carried away about my own development and what I felt I understood.

I felt as though it was important I shared this here so that anyone who has already read or reads this thread again in the future, can be aware and maybe help them become more sensitive towards a feeling of arrogance in others. This is an injury within myself that I am currently in the process of working through.

Cheers
Nicky

Mary
DT Teacher

Re: Engaging The Law of Desire

Post by Mary » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:05 am

Hi Nicky,

I just saw your correction here to your original post in this thread. I would like to encourage you again (as I've done in private) to really give yourself time to feel and understand the feedback I raised with you before you act to correct things.

I say this because I actually didn't feel arrogance in this post. Ultimately you need to feel for yourself what was going on for you and if you did feel arrogant when writing but in giving you the feedback I wouldn't like for you to start to confuse the arrogance I was pointing out in your video with the sincere desires you do have to share The Way and your good experiences and experiments with it.

That feels like that might be happening for you now.

Also, as a general principle for everyone to be aware of: It isn't arrogant to simply know and reflect that you are more progressed than others in certain matters if that is indeed the case. In fact, having knowledge of your own development (from God's perspective) is actually humble.

Arrogance occurs when we have an inflated sense of our worth or importance in relation to others.

We can be basing our belief that we are more worthy on our perceived spiritual condition, our social status or lots and lots of other various factors. No matter what, when we perceive that we have more worth or value than others we are arrogant and in a state of untruth from God's perspective.

Arrogance also exists when we have an inflated sense of our own mastery, development, condition, or skill which does not exist from God's perspective. In the post above I didn't feel or find any evidence of either attitude in Nicky

Love
Mary

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable