Free Will Not So Free?

What do you really want? It's completely up to you
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Allegedly Dom
Community Member

Free Will Not So Free?

Post by Allegedly Dom » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:54 am

We have the free will to desire or do whatever we want but almost nothing I can think of anymore is in harmony with love besides the top two things that come to mind being: 1.) Better relationship with God/more Love from God 2.) Relationship with my Soulmate - which isn't even necessary because we apparently don't need our soulmate to progress in love aside from going beyond the 22nd sphere after we merge with them.

All materialistic things and anything to do with money seems unloving and harmful in some way. The fact that the money is printed from trees to begin with. Labor to produce things for you, the pollution involved, the limited resources to create things. Even a desire to have friends seems out of harmony with love because you are creating a false need that would consume that persons time and energy and for what? Our happiness relies on nothing outside of ourselves and God. Am I overthinking this? It feels like the ultimate test. :|

Marina Smargiannakis
Community Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Free Will Not So Free?

Post by Marina Smargiannakis » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:43 am

Hi Dom,

I cannot comment on their other topics you mentioned (because I feel I don't know the answer), but when it comes to friends, I feel that it is very loving to want to connect with others who have similar passions and desires as you. For myself, being with like-minded individuals who, for example, like art, design, fashion, colors, creating, God, etc., and they way each of us expresses it feels like a way for us to relate and grow, not from a needy place, but learning and growing. I feel that the 'false need that would consume that persons time and energy' can be an arrogant view of what friends mean, sort of like 'they'd take up my precious time'.

I feel that each individual has a personal and unique quality of God, and that taking the time to get to know them can help me understand who God is, and how much Love actually does exist in this world.

If we do, alternatively, feel needy for other people to be around us, or that we need to be in a relationship, etc., then, of course, there are feelings (ie. loneliness) we'd need to work through.

Marina

Allegedly Dom
Community Member

Re: Free Will Not So Free?

Post by Allegedly Dom » Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:45 am

Very true, right on. As you mentioned, I think the original posting of mine did come from a bit of loneliness, as in the past 2 years I've stopped hanging out with all my co-dependent addiction sharing friends which my law of attraction/compensation definitely removed me from. Plus none of my immediate family has a desire to progress on the divine love path which is why I am reaching out to share and grow with you guys. I need to research some more eco-friendly hobbies or something lol. Thank you for the reply Marina :)

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable