Shifting emotion towards family of origin

The gateway to God's Truth & Love
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Niky
Community Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Shifting emotion towards family of origin

Post by Niky » Mon May 16, 2016 7:19 am

I've been reminding myself to be humble, to seek things that make me feel.

An event happened with my partner, which triggered some sadness. Initially, I thought how could he this, and how could he that, blaming him because he caused this emotion. I reminded myself not to think about it and just feel.

Then I remembered and the question was: if this is the situation to educate myself that these feelings actually have to do with family of origin, that "these feelings came from my parents," "my parents put this emotion in me," that attracted this. I couldn't see that at the moment and it felt weird to consider it.

Then while feeling, I asked myself when was the last time I felt this way? Avoiding intellectuals or describing the feeling, just simply when was the last time I felt this way and it had to do with my parents? I then tried to shift my focus from my partner to my parents (while still feeling it). It kind of felt like I was starting to get somewhere.

This is a first for me. Even though I did not complete the process, if this is the way to do it, it's very simple to begin. :)
Allow trigger, feel, then remind self to focus feeling on family of origin.

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable