The Life Elysian - Ch 4, 5 & 6 - Questions?

Through The Mists, The Life Elysian & The Gate of Heaven
Mary
DT Teacher

The Life Elysian - Ch 4, 5 & 6 - Questions?

Post by Mary » Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:57 am

Soon Jesus and I will begin recording our discussion of The Life Elysian.

If anyone has questions from what you read in chapters 4, 5 or 6, you can write them here and I will try to cover them during our recordings.

Please specify which chapter your question relates to.

Cheers,
Mary

Anna S
Community Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: The Life Elysian - Ch 4, 5 & 6 - Questions?

Post by Anna S » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:02 am

Chapter 5 - The Angel of Death
This text you will find on p 45 in the printed book (from Lulu)
“Because He sees and understands where we are blind and ignorant. He makes no mistakes, and whatever happens must be well for both of
you
.”
“Better to lose her?”
“Yes. Far better. I know it now, and both of us thank God for the loss I mourned for forty years.”
I would appreciate if you could discuss Arvez reply to the mother - I find it difficult to understand how it could be well for the child to lose his mother and, as Aphrar says, that he and Vayone "thank God for the loss he mourned for forty years". I get the impression that they mean that God did decide that the mother should die. How does that fit with the law of attraction?

This text you will find on p 46 in the printed book (from Lulu)
So far it was the most painful case I had yet encountered of the resentment often shown by professing Christians at the intimation that the time of their departure is at hand.
Do we all get a message in our sleep state when our death is near?

With love
Anna
Anna Skevik, Sweden

Anna S
Community Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Anna S » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:30 pm

Chapter 6 - The bondage of sin
This text you will find on p 53 in the printed book (from Lulu)
“If I had not come and spoken unto them they had not had sin; but now they have no cloak for their sin.”
I would appreciate if you explain this sentence. I don't understand the meaning of it.

This text you will find on p 56 in the printed book (from Lulu)
The man is at war with, himself, the earth-side being strong in resentment, but the spiritual struggles for the victory.
“Perhaps not; your experience of this sleep-state conflict between the two natures is not yet a very large one. It is a condition in which a man is truly divided against himself, and the issue has to be left almost entirely to his own free will.
Sin, however, is both crafty and cunning, and though it may lose in a present struggle, will find occasion, if possible, to retaliate, and by taunting insinuations afterwards accomplish more than had been lost.
This text you will find on p 57 in the printed book (from Lulu)
In the body the full force of the lower passions may have unrestricted control, but in this temporary discarnate state unsuspected spiritual qualities may rise into operation, and with the assistance of some little outside influence gain so great an ascendency as to gradually overcome the despotism of the flesh.
I would appreciate if you could clarify "being at war with himself", "this sleep-state conflict between the two natures", "truly divided against himself", and "the despotism of the flesh". What two natures are "the earth-side" and "the spiritual side"? Is it the Facade/Addictions/Errors and areas where I have learnt more about love or something else? And how can sin "afterwards accomplish more than had been lost"?

This text you will find on p 59 in the printed book (from Lulu)
This source in my father’s case was but a trivial matter - first wrongs are seldom great - but it placed a preferential and deliberate division between Self and others.
How can I understand "preferential and deliberate division"? And what is Self and others?

With love
Anna
Anna Skevik, Sweden

Rita
Community Member

Post by Rita » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:35 pm

Hi Anna,

I guess we can answer here too, but good to know what Mary will say in book group.

“If I had not come and spoken unto them they had not had sin; but now they have no cloak for their sin.”

How I understand it (but maybe MISUNDERSTAND it):
Now that he has spoken to them now they KNOW that it's a sin and not something innocent they didn't know.
Now, they have no excuse, nothing to hide their sin.

Rita
Community Member

Post by Rita » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:45 pm

"The man is at war with, himself, the earth-side being strong in resentment, but the spiritual struggles for the victory."
As I see it, one part of him resents and doesn't want to change, no way, and the spiritual part of him fights and struggles and struggles and does all it can do to win and
in the end there will be victory over resentment.

Rita
Community Member

Post by Rita » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:09 pm

“Perhaps not; your experience of this sleep-state conflict between the two natures is not yet a very large one. It is a condition in which a man is truly divided against himself, and the issue has to be left almost entirely to his own free will.

I guess the 2 natures are the physical body/the human and the spirit body.
The human is restricted by the environment /rules/laws and his own view and experience of what happens if he follows his addictions and does something unlawfully.

The spirit body in the sleep state is free from the fear of being found out by other humans who could get him into court etc.

So it's his own free will to roam around and actually USE the opportunities on offer or the opportunities he attracts in the sleep state. And be pious and law abiding and an example citizen when in his body (since thoughts and feelings are hidden well and few people would guess).

Anna S
Community Member

Post by Anna S » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:49 pm

Hi Rita
I am, as I imagine you are, looking forward to listen to Mary and Jesus discussing The Life Elysian and I feel a bit confused that you felt inspired to answer my questions.
I prefer to wait until Jesus and Mary have recorded their discussion and not engage in an exploration with you with my assumptions, as they can lead us in the wrong direction ;)
With love
Anna
Anna Skevik, Sweden

Rita
Community Member

Post by Rita » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:43 pm

" I feel a bit confused that you felt inspired to answer my questions.
I prefer to wait until Jesus and Mary have recorded their discussion and not engage in an exploration with you with my assumptions, as they can lead us in the wrong direction "

Hi Anna,

I thank you for your questions. They inspired me (YES!!!) to think and feel about. And reread.

Have answered other questions too but deleted the answers as I wasn't sure if we are welcome or invited to write about it here. As Mary is the one who incorporates the questions into the "book group".

Things are highlighted for me if someone asks a question and if the topic is dear to my heart.

It didn't occur to me that you could be confused.
It also didn't occur to me that it could be understood that I wanted to engage with you.

Mary and audience used to ask questions in the physical book group years ago. And she listened to several answers before answering herself.

I've been wrong many times.
My apologies Anna.

Of course I so much prefer too Jesus and Mary's answers.

And of course I was wondering if my own answers which came up to your questions to Mary would be accurate or would show my misunderstandings or misinterpretations and lack of insight.

My initial feeling reading your questions was 'ohhh doesn't she know this? I know it!'
But then to formulate an answer to what I think I know was a mental and emotional 'workout' for me.

All I can say " Thank you, Anna!"

Nicky
Site Admin

Post by Nicky » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:40 pm

Hey Rita and Anna

I double checked with Mary her intention behind these threads and she confirmed that the threads were to just have it so that people could submit any questions about the material outlined rather than a place where people discussed the potential "answers" to the questions.

I can see that the situation between you both has now seemingly resolved itself so I guess we will leave it at that.

Thanks
Nicky

LauraR
Community Member

Post by LauraR » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:13 am

Hello Mary and Jesus,

On the first page of Chapter 6, second paragraph, second sentence

"Cause, effect, method and attonement are there all set forth with due regard to the Law of Spiritual perspective and the story is left as a working model for all who came after him to copy."

Can you discuss the meaning of this sentence (paragraph really) ? Especially regarding the Law of Spiritual perspective. I have not read or heard about this before.

Thank you :)

Laura