Update to the Terms of Use - 22/05/2016 (NICKNAMES)

Link to the forum terms of use document - STRONGLY RECOMMENDED that all users read & understand before posting! - All updates to these terms will be communicated here
Locked [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Nicky
Site Admin

Update to the Terms of Use - 22/05/2016 (NICKNAMES)

Post by Nicky » Sun May 22, 2016 9:49 pm

Hi

As of today (22nd May 2016) forum username "nicknames" will not be permitted on the forum under any circumstance going forward.

All new forum registrations from this point onwards will be sent to myself for confirmation before full posting access is granted. This has been done so these new forum requirements can be adhered to.

The only acceptable username options will be:

1) First Name
2) First Name and initial of Surname
3) Full Name

Over the coming days, I will be undertaking some remedial based actions by sending a private email to ALL individuals who have previously signed up to the forum with a nickname (before today, this was not in breach of the forum terms of use) with the purposes of notifying them of this important update.

To those who wish to bring their existing forum account into harmony with this latest update, I will be inviting them to respond to my email with a username that falls into either of the 3 categories outlined above. Once I have received a response, their username will be changed and they will be duly notified.

If anyone ignores the email and continues to be active on the forum, their account will be de-activated.

If any of the people who are affected by this update do not wish to come into alignment with these new terms, their forum account will also be de-activated.

Thanks
Nicky

Nicky
Site Admin

Re: Update to the Terms of Use - 22/05/2016 (NICKNAMES)

Post by Nicky » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:28 pm

Hi

I would like to make everyone aware of a few new points regarding the above post:

-NO NUMBERS OR SYMBOLS ARE ALLOWED
-IF YOU REGISTER TO THE FORUM WITHOUT MEETING THIS NEW CRITERIA, YOUR ACCOUNT WILL NOT BE ACTIVATED AND I WILL NOT CHASE YOU REGARDING THIS

I feel sincere people will first take the time to read and understand the terms of use and adhere to the rules before registering to the forum. I generally activate new accounts within 48 hours of registration. If you previously registered to the forum and found your account has not been activated within that time frame, it will be because of the above. Also, I feel if someone had a sincere desire to engage with the forum, they would get in contact with me after realising there has been a delay in activating their account,

If you have already registered your account in error, I request that rather than creating a new account, you send me a private email to nicky@divinetruthhub.com stating what you would like your username changed to, and as long as the above criteria is satisfied, I am happy to make this quick amendment & activate your account.

Cheers
Nicky

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable