New Topics since last login...

Offer feedback on the site - any suggestions are welcomed
Locked [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
maureen
Community Member

New Topics since last login...

Post by maureen » Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:16 pm

Hi Nicky,

I'm not sure if you had made a decision on this already, but I was wondering if there was a way for us to see a list of new topics/conversations/replies since our last login (beyond the icon color changes)? If I remember correctly, I've seen this option on other forums created with this software where there is a list that appears at the bottom of board index page when a user logs in showing what has gone on since their last visit. I think it would make it easier for people to stay tuned into the flow of the forum. If we just check in once a week or so, it's hard to find the right entry point to catch up on things and join in conversations without going in and out of all the subjects.

Just wanted to mention that as it has crossed my mind a few times. I feel like it would allow users to be more informed and able to interact without overlooking what has taken place in the meantime since last connecting in.

Thanks,
Moti

Nicky
Site Admin

Re: New Topics since last login...

Post by Nicky » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:50 pm

Hi Moti

Thanks for the suggestion. What you are proposing is a mod that must be installed and integrated into the current forum software, but I agree it will probably be a more efficient way people can catch up with things since their last visit.

I'm actually thinking of making a few improvements and adding some cool new forum features in the coming weeks. I will add your suggestion to these plans and see what I can do.

Cheers

Nicky

maureen
Community Member

Post by maureen » Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:03 pm

awesome....thanks Nicky...that would be great if it works out on your end....xxoo moti

Nicky
Site Admin

Post by Nicky » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:32 pm

Hey Moti

The suggestion of yours has been incorporated into the forum :)

You can view the thread I have made that explains the latest changes and improvements by clicking the below link:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=452

Thanks for the suggestion and hope the functionality of the forum is now better for yourself and everyone else.

I'll now lock this thread.

Cheers

Nicky

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable