hi

Say Hi to everyone - we’d love to get to know you
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ivo
Community Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

hi

Post by Ivo » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:55 pm

Hi everyone,

I was reading this "introduce yourself" section and found it very interesting, in different ways.
At first I thought, what would be the reasons why I would want to tell my story here (unless I'd take an active part in Divine Truth discussions), what addictions would I want to satisfy this way..? But then I thought that it is quite nice to get to know other people on the Way through their (sincere) stories.

I am a 34 year old Latvian living in Brussels, Belgium, married for 10 years, I have a 3 year old son and another son is on his way.

I feel I have lived the first 30 years of my life completely numb to any kind of emotions, completely out of tune with my soul, my true self, living a life designed by others. Some 7 years ago, very slowly I started to open up to some spirituality.. meditation, yoga.. a different way of living. It took some 3 more years before I really started to seek something more. Then I was reading, listening to lots of different new age teachers, authors, very interested in all sorts of energy healing..
Until about a year ago when I saw a video titled "Is A.J. Miller the Return of Jesus Christ?" which got me intrigued. So I started exploring DT youtube channel and have been really hooked since that day.
Everything Jesus and Mary are teaching has really made sense to me and I have been listening to and reading DT materials daily, trying to implement them in my own life. I feel I am making some progress, although I still do not want to be humble enough and feel most of my emotions. At least I am feeling some! At least now I am aware that I have all those emotions, even if I don't allow myself to experience them fully.
One area which was completely new to me was the concept of God as a being. I have never been religious, never believed in any kind of God. So I am still struggling with having sincere talks with God. I do talk to God quite often, but I guess most of that is still intellectual.
I am really happy and grateful to finally learn (from Jesus and Mary) the source of all my internal and external "problems", that it's all emotional... You just have to remove the blocks, the errors in your soul and it will flow..
Of course I am having a very tough time now living the old way, where the fear is still strong enough/passion weak enough, but I am very hopeful. I know I'm on the right path and nothing will stop me from progressing. It's just a matter of me sincerely wanting to be humble, wanting to know God, know the Truth.

I am very passionate about this path. I guess I could write quite a long "story" here, I feel I have a lot to express about DT. And maybe this hub would be a good opportunity for me to engage in discussions about these topics. Except that I normally prefer to stay quietly aside :)

Anyway, thanks a lot Nicky for creating this Hub! I have often thought how wonderful it would be to live in a community of Divine Truthers and this could be a nice place to start :)

thanks,
Ivo

Nicky
Site Admin

Re: hi

Post by Nicky » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:31 pm

Hi Ivo

Welcome to the forums. I would like to thank you for introducing yourself, I really enjoyed reading your post.

Nice to meet you.

Nicky

Cari M
Community Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: hi

Post by Cari M » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:08 pm

Good day, Ivo!

I can understand why you said this in your previous post: "At first I thought, what would be the reasons why I would want to tell my story here (unless I'd take an active part in Divine Truth discussions), what addictions would I want to satisfy this way..?"

But at the same time I believe that it was good that you paused for a moment and considered that as well. The fact that you felt about that before deciding to continue with your post is a good thing. Thank you for sharing! :)

I also wanted to share with you about what AJ said in his talk when he was in Texas here in the US. "But you're afraid is not a good excuse.In fact it's a very self-defeating excuse." Here is the short clip that Maureen has on her page with this bit of talk on it. He really starts addressing fear and the harm in our bodies around the 22:00 mark if you are interested in watching this one-Jesus on How to Heal Our Childhood Injuries. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_pzrCXBSJw

I will look for the other one as well, that he really got my attention on when he said something along the lines of: when we allow our fear to control us, we are actually "honoring the fear" more than we honor God. Wow! That got my attention for sure. I will find that video and come back an post it as well.

In the video link I shared, he states the stages of how to deal with our issues: Be honest- you have to know the truth before you can face it. Face the truth-you have to face it, before you can feel it. Feel the truth- this is where a lot of us resist the process.

I have gotten to Face the truth on some of the very pressing issues in my life and all at once it seems...just crossing over into the feel part....yup....I have resistance there too, so you are definitely not alone in feeling fear. :)

Stay encouraged my brother and have a great day!

Cari
My name is Cari.