Hello from USA :)

Say Hi to everyone - we’d love to get to know you
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
brendardgz
Newcomer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Hello from USA :)

Post by brendardgz » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:19 am

Hi there!

So just to introduce myself my name is Brenda and I've lived most of my life in the USA but I was born in Peru and my whole family is from Peru :)
I came across the Divine Truth youtube channel (around 2 years ago) the day after I prayed almost in a painful cry for help to God about what the truth about me and Him/Her is. And let me just say that God really did answer my prayer. :)

Although I am struggling with prayer to God at the moment I did learn something beautiful from God last year which I feel is worth sharing (:
I was studying for a test on the chemistry of materials and I was learning about how proteins are built in a specific way that allows them to successfully
perform their specific function. This then made me cry about how beautiful the message God was sending me which was on how I was created in a
way that allows me to handle anything (no matter how bad I think a feeling is). It was as if God was showing me His faith in me, one of His creations.

I can just remember thinking how mind blown I was from this experience and how thankful I was to God for showing me this truth. <3 I remember thinking how beautiful it would be if everyday I learned a new truth from God like this, and just how BEAUTIFUL it would be to live everyday life!!
And so this is my ultimate goal, however, I do realize that at the moment I am not being humble in my everyday life and I have therefore plateaued in my progression :/
(Also another observation about myself is that while registering and scrolling through the forum the fear I have about what people think of me and thus also the fear I have about looking at my true self in my true condition, which I know is something that is blocking me in my progression, came up :? )

And just to kind of conclude this introduction of myself I just want to say that I LOVE music (listening to it, writing it, playing instruments, singing, dancing) and really just anything related to art! hahah! I have always been an artistic soul since as long as I can remember, however I do feel that I have not progressed in this soul quality of mine as much as I feel I could have by this point because of many blocks (fear of what people think, thinking that my passions are not really important, etc.). Also another one of my growing passions is how the emotional affects the physical body and just thinking about ideas on how I could eventually lead a life where I can help people with physical illnesses/pains (so kind of like being a more effective doctor hahaha)

So yeah! that's about it. Divine Truth has definitely changed my outlook on the world and I love how real the teachings are and how sometimes people are amazed at how clear and logical the things you say are! And also, it is beautiful how anyone can try it out for themselves. <3

Thanks for reading and I hope everyone is doing well!

With love,
Brenda R.

Alejandro CL
Community Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Hello from USA :)

Post by Alejandro CL » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:46 am

:D Welcome to the forum Brenda!

I feel connected towards the fear of what other might think of me also:
brendardgz wrote:(...) Also another observation about myself is that while registering and scrolling through the forum the fear I have about what people think of me and thus also the fear I have about looking at my true self in my true condition, which I know is something that is blocking me in my progression, came up :? (...)
However in my case it is mostly related to family and close friends. There are two things that I learn form AJ that had helped me confront this emotion: 1) Being truthful to myself and others, just by honoring the truth at all times will usually trigger this fear inside of me and 2) remember that fear is your friend, whenever you feel fear in an specific subject try to do the opposite of what your fear is telling you.

I am still working on this fear, but I have used those two tips to help me confront my blockages, however, I feel that I have to be careful with fear, because I have not fully understand the true meaning of using fear as your friend and thus I use it only when I feel in my heart that doing the opposite (of what I feel my fear to be) is loving, so I usually need to ask myself an extra question here: do I feel that going with this confrontation of my fear is loving? would Jesus do the same?. Any way, I hope that this can be of assistance to yourself.

Alejandro,
"The truth will set you free"

Nicky
Site Admin

Post by Nicky » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:50 am

Hi Brenda

Welcome to the forums. I too was led to Divine Truth because of a "desperate" prayer to know the truth about God. The story about your experience last year was awesome!

I hope you benefit from your time here.

Nice to meet you.

Nicky

brendardgz
Newcomer

Post by brendardgz » Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:35 am

Sorry I didn't reply earlier! But thank you for the welcome Nicky! and Thank you for your comment Alejandro!
Fear is definitely a big emotion, and I currently rewatched some videos on the Divine Truth channel and I just need to learn the basic principle that being an emotional being is what we are aiming for. Obviously this is easier said than done so this will probably take some time depending on how much will I have in doing this.

Hope all is well!
Brenda <3