Hi, my name is Marjorie

Say Hi to everyone - we’d love to get to know you
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Marjorie
Community Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Hi, my name is Marjorie

Post by Marjorie » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:19 pm

Hi, my name is Marjorie Gabriel,
I was born and raised in Montreal, Canada.
French is my mother tongue so apologies for my English mistakes. My parents ancestry, my ancestry, are in Haiti a land where co-dependent addiction with spirits is rampant and “understood”.
I have been living on the German side of Switzerland for the past 10 years , here the mind and logic rules and emotions are dismissed.
I have been listening intently to AJ and Mary since 2010. At that time I was asking God to reveal truth to me. I desperately wanted to understand the truth, the absolute truth and it's through this desire that I stumbled upon a video of AJ about soulmates. I was fascinated and went through many videos where I learned a lot but unfortunately I still held on to my new age understandings in parallel maybe because I was introduced to them as a teen. This stopped me from truly understand what AJ and Mary were saying for a year or two. With time my understanding deepened (it still is) and my new age beliefs and their heroes slowly crumbled. I got a divorce, I quit my job, I moved to the countryside , I got remarried, I was childless, I now I have two lovely children in my care. I must say that my life over the past 3 years is a revolution that I am afraid to acknowledge. People say I changed, that I look happier but I feel like in a constant battle to be perfect and I am really afraid that I have become arrogant about the little I understand now. I barely mention to anyone about the Divine Truth teachings and I can’t seem to appreciated or truly be grateful for what I have learned. At the moment I am suppressing my emotions toward “the way” because I am afraid of God, or afraid of change, or I am afraid to invest my heart further and realize it was all fake and addictions, or maybe I am simply afraid to know that it is all true.
So at the moment I am stuck in heavy suppression and it’s “strange” to stumble on this forum, where many of my teachers, brothers and sisters that I admire from afar discuss freely about Divine Truth.
I would like to thank you Nicky for creating such a platform because to be honest I would never write or speak about me and the Divine Truth if I did not feel safe as I do here. Thank you.

Marjorie

Nicky
Site Admin

Re: Hi, my name is Marjorie

Post by Nicky » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:35 pm

Hi Marjorie

A warm welcome to the forum. I enjoyed reading your introduction.

Just a note to say that I have read the email you recently sent me and I thought it would be best to just respond to you here.

You cannot edit or delete your own posts after submitting them to the forum. If you would like any post to be edited or deleted, you would need to email or send a forum private message to either myself or a moderator who could then do that for you.

Also, your intro does not breach any of the terms of use that I have set out currently. It is perfectly OK to give your full name to people should you wish to do so. It actually shows a degree of humility and sincerity in being transparent about your own identity, so I don't feel the need to edit your intro post to remove your last name unless of course, you would like me to remove your last name.

I have also deleted your two subsequent posts on this thread that you made in error when trying to find a way to edit your initial post.

Nice to meet you and I hope you benefit from your time here.

Nicky

Anita
Community Member

Post by Anita » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:15 am

Hi Marjorie,

My name is Anita and I live in Sweden.
I enjoyed reading your post, I can relate to a lot what you are saying especially about not sharing Divine Truth.

I have now decided to challenge myself there :?

NIce to meet you and Welcome to the forum
Cheers
Anita
Anita Tännström

Benjamingp
Community Member

Post by Benjamingp » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:53 pm

Hi Marjorie,

Thanks you for sharing your feelings.
I have been listening to DT about 2 years, and currently i´m sharing DT only with one person on a day to day basis, my girlfriend (i believe she is my soulmate), who surprisingly liked the DT Videos even when she usually is very skeptical towards people who call themselves "spiritual".

DT has become the most important issue in my life, so it is strange not to share this more. Sometimes i felt i would hide it for not being challenged by others opinion, but after some investigation i feel now that it would not be loving to confront others with DT when they don´t want to know et al. If i feel an openness and a longing for truth from a person i take a chance to expose my view.

When i found this forum the first post was strange for me too, it felt like exposing to some unknown, and couldn´t imagine that there was a real contact with people living or try to live with DT. But fortunately some of my blockings and unloving behaviours were exposed instantly. It feels like be taken seriously to its full consequence, something which i always missed out when i was young.

I have been living on the German side of Switzerland for the past 10 years , here the mind and logic rules and emotions are dismissed.
It is funny because I am from your Neighborhood (Innsbruck/A), and i always had the feeling that people in Switzerland are very open to "esoterical things". But as i´ve spoken to some people who live there most of them feel the similar to you.
cheers
Benjamin Gschösser

Marjorie
Community Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Marjorie » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:17 pm

Anita wrote:Hi Marjorie,

My name is Anita and I live in Sweden.
I enjoyed reading your post, I can relate to a lot what you are saying especially about not sharing Divine Truth.

I have now decided to challenge myself there :?

NIce to meet you and Welcome to the forum
Cheers
Anita
Hi Anita, nice meeting you !
I will also try to take a leap of faith and voice my feelings about Divine Truth :-)
I will try to value love and truth above my comfort zone. I will try!

Marjorie

Marjorie
Community Member

Post by Marjorie » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:17 pm

Benjamingp wrote:Hi Marjorie,

Thanks you for sharing your feelings.
I have been listening to DT about 2 years, and currently i´m sharing DT only with one person on a day to day basis, my girlfriend (i believe she is my soulmate), who surprisingly liked the DT Videos even when she usually is very skeptical towards people who call themselves "spiritual".

DT has become the most important issue in my life, so it is strange not to share this more. Sometimes i felt i would hide it for not being challenged by others opinion, but after some investigation i feel now that it would not be loving to confront others with DT when they don´t want to know et al. If i feel an openness and a longing for truth from a person i take a chance to expose my view.

When i found this forum the first post was strange for me too, it felt like exposing to some unknown, and couldn´t imagine that there was a real contact with people living or try to live with DT. But fortunately some of my blockings and unloving behaviours were exposed instantly. It feels like be taken seriously to its full consequence, something which i always missed out when i was young.

It is funny because I am from your Neighborhood (Innsbruck/A), and i always had the feeling that people in Switzerland are very open to "esoterical things". But as i´ve spoken to some people who live there most of them feel the similar to you.
Hi Benjamin,

We are neighbors :-) I hear Innsbruck is very beautiful.

I took a chance to expose my views about Divine Truth 2 months ago and it was scary. I shared “The secret of the universe” with a work colleague. I told him that he may not agree, I forewarned him plenty and in the end he was blown away.

The part about exposing my unloving behaviours is also something I am afraid of.
I do not see feedback as loving yet, I see them as an attack.
I know that only stagnation or regression will be my faith if I don’t change this way of thinking but here I am.

Switzerland is indeed a place where the esoteric is more visible compared to other country I have visited. Anthroposophical products and communities are readily accessible near where I live. But paradoxically Switzerland is a country where people are very confined by social rules. The rules could be loving but I find they are often used to judge and control.

It was nice meeting you here Benjamin !