Hi, I'm Gina from the USA.

Say Hi to everyone - we’d love to get to know you
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Gina
Newcomer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Hi, I'm Gina from the USA.

Post by Gina » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:05 am

Hi,

I'm Gina from the USA. I've been listening to, watching, and reading the Divine Truth material for over a year. I wanted to know if anyone had any experience with really taking in mistreatment that occurred in the past and processing it? I feel that I was mistreated at my prior job by a man that I was involved with, but even though I haven't worked there for 7 months now I don't think I really am feeling about what happened to me on an emotional level. He would either bad mouth me to our coworkers or deny that he even basically knew me or had any involvement with me, but behind closed doors we would be sleeping over each other's places and talking. This went on for almost three years. I think just now I am trying to understand on an intellectual level the extent of what happened, and that I was in fact mistreated, but I don't think I have processed this emotionally at all. It seems as though I almost have blind spots when it comes to seeing how bad things really were and what really happened to me. I'm wondering if anyone has anything to contribute to my understanding of any of this. Much appreciated.

Gina

BrendaHoffman
Community Member

Re: Hi, I'm Gina from the USA.

Post by BrendaHoffman » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:22 pm

Hi Gina,

If he was badmouthing you, that was an unloving thing for him to do, but have you considered why you engaged in an intimate relationship with him despite his treatment of you? I have done the same sort of thing many times. It goes back to my childhood to the treatment I received from my father and the unhealed emotions which I suppressed all these years. I had relationship after relationship with men who treated me just as unlovingly, and sometimes much worse. Have you watched the relationship series of DT videos?
I believe that once our unhealed causal emotions are experienced and released, we will no longer attract this kind of treatment from men, nor would we have any interest in enduring it for any length of time.

The best of luck to you.

Brenda

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable