Hello!

Say Hi to everyone - we’d love to get to know you
Courtney
Community Member

Hello!

Post by Courtney » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:17 pm

Hi all, very excited to be part of this forum! My name is Courtney and I live in Colorado in the USA. At the moment working as a vegan nutritionist and slowly recovering one of my biggest passions, art (painting, drawing, etc.)! My friend Perry shared a video of Jesus & Mary's about 4 years ago. At first I was resistant, but like many people, found myself wanting to come back for more! It didn't take long to feel like I'd come across the most important info I could be hearing. At first I was able to connect to all the other topics aside from God more easily, but in the last 6 months in particular my desire for God has increased a lot and it feels good most of the time. Looking forward to learning about love through interactions on this forum, and meeting you all. :)

victoria
Muted
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Hello!

Post by victoria » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:27 pm

Hey Courtney!

How did you and Perry meet?

Courtney
Community Member

Post by Courtney » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:34 pm

Perry and I met at a spiritual retreat center we were both working at in Arizona USA. It was rather cult-ish in the spiritual "teachings", though Perry's experience I think was less negative than mine because he was there for a much shorter period of time than I was.Starting to watch Jesus and Mary's videos was one of the factors that helped me realize it was an unloving situation full of pseudo-spirituality and emotional/spiritual abuse, and helped me eventually leave.

victoria
Muted
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by victoria » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:08 pm

wow!

In what way did you feel it was abusive and cultish?

Nicky
Site Admin

Post by Nicky » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:05 am

Hi Courtney

A warm welcome to the forums here. It's always a great thing to see people connecting with real passions, a LOT can be learnt in the process of following them.

Nice to meet you.

Courtney
Community Member

Post by Courtney » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:51 am

Thanks very much Nicky! And thanks for creating this forum. Very much enjoyed learning about you via your youtube video this morning!

Victoria, that's a very long story, and I can share it if you'd like the long version. I'm definitely an open book about it. It had basically all the signs from the "pseudo spirituality" talk Jesus and Mary gave, which was a talk I saw towards the end of being there. The leaders of the center treated people badly and justified it based on their spiritual ideas, charged massive amounts of money for their programs, told people they weren't spiritual at all if they didn't follow their particular set of spiritual beliefs--things like that. I had super low self love and a massive amount of fear that was primarily what kept me there for 5 years.

victoria
Muted

Post by victoria » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:36 am

Thanks Courtney.

That is so unloving of them. I feel the consequences for people who deliberately manipulate others through spiritual teachings will be quite grave.

I have to smile when people say Divine Truth is a cult! It's like an anti-cult!

Courtney
Community Member

Post by Courtney » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:18 pm

It is! A handful of people have told me DLP is cult-like and unloving, and I say/think, "Oh darling, if you only knew!" ;) I definitely have the personal experience of the contrast!

Nicky
Site Admin

Post by Nicky » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:05 pm

Hi Courtney and Victoria

There is something that I would love to raise with you both about what I have started to notice here. Upon some reflection I have amended this post.

It is great that Courtney, you have introduced yourself and told us a little about your previous experiences.

I would just like to mention that Victoria, if you would like to reflect on your posts here to feel if they were coming from a place of love, it would be a worthwhile exercise for you to potentially engage in.

Courtney, I feel as though you are somewhat hooked into Victoria's emotions here.

Hope that what I have mentioned above helps you feel through a few things. :)

Thanks

Nicky

Courtney
Community Member

Post by Courtney » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:54 pm

Hey Nicky, I'm genuinely open to your suggestion, but I was hoping perhaps you could explain a bit more? I'm not sure what you mean in regards to me hooking into Victoria's emotions? I mean I know what that means generally, but I was curious if you could share more if you like--Thanks Nicky.