Hello

Say Hi to everyone - we’d love to get to know you
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Miranda
Newcomer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Hello

Post by Miranda » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:14 am

I am Miranda, happy to be here. I discovered the Divine Truth teachings around five years ago and have since then studied the material, firstly not so frecuently but the last 15 months I have really applied it and watched my life change from a place of stagnation and hardening into a softer, emotional place.
I want to thank AJ and Mary and everyone who assists in sharing the information about Divine Truth and God, and thanks Nicky for creating this forum (it was you, right?) I am also quite excited about the possibility to find some new friends here. I do have friends, but not as many as I thought and not as much as I thought. (Haven't been that good a friend myself always, either, so absorbed avoiding my own issues I guess).
Anyway, I have recently become a mother and have listened to the talks on parenting and children on Youtube, and have found it really quite handy! Mostly I am alone with my daughter so it is really great to see how she reflects my denied emotion. And the more I cry, the less she cries actually! It has been life changing for me having to give up lots of addictions during the pregnancy, such as alcohol, coffee, working all the time (and still feeling I didn't achieve anything really worth celebrating), being busy all the time, buying unnecessary crap, and so on.
So this past year I guess everyone except myself thinks I am deeply depressed or something, but in reality I am just processing my emotions. I have found it really hard to do this when I'm not by myself (used to live in a shared house and later with my boyfriend) because everyone gets so upset and wants to "calm" me or "cheer me up". On the other hand I feel so much more joy in me heart than I used to and I cry a lot every day because of that too. :P
Thinks I used to at least TRY to think were fun do no longer interest me, such as partying with unloving people, being around people at all actually... so I might sound like a total hermit but I live in a country were showing emotions publicly is a big no-no and a sign of weakness, people are really disconnected emotionally and that's where I was heading to, so I'm glad I seem to go the other direction now.
Best,
M

Nicky
Site Admin

Re: Hello

Post by Nicky » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:45 pm

Hello Miranda

Welcome to the forum. I hope you find the forum to be a great tool in your understanding and development in love.

One thing that I'd like to share with regards to something you wrote (and have quoted below) is:
So this past year I guess everyone except myself thinks I am deeply depressed or something, but in reality I am just processing my emotions. I have found it really hard to do this when I'm not by myself (used to live in a shared house and later with my boyfriend) because everyone gets so upset and wants to "calm" me or "cheer me up"
In my personal experiences, I have never really had this same issue when processing through emotion but I do recall in a number of videos where Jesus speaks of this. I believe what I heard was that if you find whilst processing through emotion that you attract others wanting to give you the things that you mentioned above, it is a sign of potentially crying in facade and wanting to gain such feelings of consolation from others as a manipulative way to get certain addictions met. Again, another explanation could simply be that you are processing through real emotion and you doing so is triggering other people's fears about being emotional too.

So maybe this could be something to explore further with God.

Nice to meet you.

Nicky

Miranda
Newcomer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Hello

Post by Miranda » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:36 pm

Hi Nicky, I reflected upon what you said. I think my problem has been that until recently I haven't really had any space to be alone and process easily, which I do now and it helps a lot obviously. Then again, not having that space might have been a fear of being alone and somehow wanting other peoplee to interfere, I don't know... Thanks for your feedback!