Hitting Blocks

Say Hi to everyone - we’d love to get to know you
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
cainan davies
Newcomer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Hitting Blocks

Post by cainan davies » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:59 pm

Hi everyone, this is my first post to the forum so I'd like to start by introducing myself to everyone. My name is Cainan and I am fairly new to divine truth and the aspect of it all. I have heard about it from relatives over the last few years but only in the last few months decided to take my own actions towards learning and attempting to engage some of the practices. I have recently decided to take steps towards allowing myself more time to try and connect to how I feel, Over the last few months I have made steps towards becoming vegan, leaving my job and separating from my partner and in the last few days I have gone through with these things, it is all very painful yet I am unable/ unwilling to connect to these things emotionally to the point of releasing anything, since I have been attempting to breathe into my feelings and the feelings that come fromthe thoughts I get have caused me to receive a lot of spirit attack which has led me down a path of confusion and frustration. I have also found myself trying to manufacture and force out some of these emotions which has got me nowhere. With emotional processing is it just a case of feeling what you are able to feel because I feel a huge unwillingness and fear about actually feeling my fear. I also feel like because I feel a big block to God I am unable to Receive any help from him. I guess my question is where do I start!? If anyone could shed any light on what they feel honestly from my current situation then that would be greatly appreciated, sorry for the long message,
Cheers, Cainan

cainan davies
Newcomer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Hitting Blocks

Post by cainan davies » Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:12 am

After reviewing my last post it feels like I am in a lot of denial and facade and much of the pain I have been feeling is due to my addictions and being unwilling to even be aware of them, I watched a personal truth feedback session on superiority and entitlement and I felt that a lot of feed back from that session applied very much to me

Nicky
Site Admin

Post by Nicky » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:31 pm

Hi Cainan

Welcome to the forum.

I have moved your thread to the intro section as I felt this was the best place for what is contained within it.

In answer to your question, I'd say the biggest area to work on would be to begin with removing your blocks towards God. If you have a lot of blocks to God (which we all do), you are right in the sense that you will feel as though God isn't going to help you - although it is not true. This will probably be because when you were a child you felt that either or both of your parents didn't support you, therefore automatically projecting the same feeling onto God.

Around a month ago, I was working on a very similar emotion where I felt as though God was not supporting me or even wanting to help me with certain issues. As I let myself feel some anger, I realised that I had been projecting the error based emotion at God when the emotion itself came from my relationship with my Dad whilst I was a child.

I'd suggest the extremely recent series of videos on the DT YouTube channel (assistance groups) as these vids have an absolute ton of information that will answer many of your questions and queries in a much clearer manner than what I can achieve.

Here is a link to the videos:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... unY2BZEOek

Nice to meet you.

Nicky

cainan davies
Newcomer

Post by cainan davies » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:12 am

Thanks for the reply Nicky, yeah its very true that I've got a lot of blockages towards good and I am very grateful that you took the time to reply, I am attending the june Assistance Groups and I read one of the requirements was to watch the 14 AG's and the latest ones so I will be doing that, thanks again Nicky

cainan davies
Newcomer

Post by cainan davies » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:13 am

*God

Perry
Community Member

Post by Perry » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:30 am

Hi Cainan,

Id just like to add,
At the moment the you are attempting to make your life better by changing things in your life, which is a good step. However, the real point of the Divine Truth teachings is to have a relationship with God. On your list of the things you have been changing in your life, its interesting that having a connection with God was last on your list.

If you tip your list of priorities up side down, and put God at the top of your list of 'things to do' on the Divine Love path, I feel you will grow so much more. You will also have the added benefit of your creator's help, love and support. At the moment you are changing your life 'on your own' without Gods council. So even though you have managed to make some changes in your life, you're still 'without God' (from your point of view- Not Gods).

So yes, if you are new to the path, I'd suggest to engage your 'Will' firstly 'to want to have a desire for a relationship with God'. This will save you a heap of time in your progression and hopefully you will also get to feel Love like you have never felt before, and you will then truly learn how to live your life 'Gods Way' through your relationship with God.

cainan davies
Newcomer

Post by cainan davies » Mon May 09, 2016 11:25 am

Hey Perry,
Thanks for the reply, I hadn't realised anyone else had posted here,
I can agree that that's exactly what I have been doing but lately as I've started to take a few more challenging steps its started clicking in the concept that maybe all this stuff is actually true and that maybe there is a God and maybe he is trying to help me, and while I am still blocked to God at least now I'm starting to see some change... for a change!
thanks again for the replies guys