The Life Elysian - Preface, Ch 1, 2 & 3 - Questions?

Through The Mists, The Life Elysian & The Gate of Heaven
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mary
DT Teacher

The Life Elysian - Preface, Ch 1, 2 & 3 - Questions?

Post by Mary » Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:54 am

Soon Jesus and I will begin recording our discussion of The Life Elysian.

If anyone has questions about the Preface, chapters 1, 2 or 3, you can write them here and I will try to cover them during our recordings.

Please specify which part of the book your question relates to. For example, is it from chapter one, two or three etc.

Cheers,
Mary

Alejandro CL
Community Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: The Life Elysian - Preface, Ch 1, 2 & 3 - Questions?

Post by Alejandro CL » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:19 am

Hi Mary,

Thank you for the opportunity :D , I have read the first chapters and I can think of three questions, I hope that some can be helpful four your video recording, I hope to read the other chapters shortly (4, 5 and 6):

1.- Before the preface, on pages 2-3, you can found a song by the name of "The life Elysian!", I tried to read it but found it very difficult to understand the old English words ( :? since English is not my natural language). my question would be: Can you explain what the meaning of this part is?

2.- One chapter II "The family in paradise", there is one phrase that I felt it is incorrect relating to a fear of God. My questions is: Is it really loving to daily fear our Father? this text is found on page 23 and it reads as follows:
" (...) All the great gifts of God - the yet undreamed-of discoveries of science - lie accessible along the path of development for whosoever will go forward and seek them. God does not throw His richest treasures into the lap of indolence - they that seek find. Conceited ignorance is never a trustworthy steward, but the secrets of the Lord are with those who wait to do His will and daily fear Him. (...)"
3. On chapter III "The love of God" page 29, there is one text that relates to an earthly model of heaven been used by the Father (or so I understood), my question would be: How could our Father use our earthly model (or at least its outline) of a heavenly ideal and worked upon it?, the reason why I am asking this is because I think that God would have no need from our earth ideal on heaven, instead, it should be us that need to learn from God's ideal of heaven. I am quoting the text for a faster reference:
(...) Far, far away within the awful depths of that profoundly divine solitude, my poor earth-ideal of Heaven had reached the Father’s heart. Its clumsy model spoke eloquently to Him of impotence; it was more rough to His conception than a savage effort to mould a deity, but it told of a
heart’s dear wish, of a great desire yearning to be satisfied, of the Heaven that would supply all the happiness I had power to conceive. Now for the wonder of my existence: He took my plan - the model I had built in the incompetence of my ignorance, and, retaining its outline, Love worked upon it, and from its imperfections prepared the rest into which He had given me entrance. It was my Heaven, enlarged, completed and furnished by the love of God, and just as it transcended all that I could ask or think, so must I fail to convey the overflowing fullness of joy which it inspired. (...)
Regards,
Alejandro Cid
"The truth will set you free"

Anna S
Community Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Anna S » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:17 pm

Hi Mary and Jesus!
I am really looking forward to follow your discussions on The Life Elysian :-)

Questions on Chapter 1 - The open sepulcher
Could you please explain why Fred feels so miserable on earth?
Could it be that the contrast between being with his mother in his sleep state and being alone in the awake state, not remembering that she is with him, is terrible and makes him long for death and heaven?
My mother was lost before I knew her, and I was compelled to tread life’s pilgrimage the victim of a hunger earth had no power to
satisfy. Nor father, sister, friend, art, literature nor employment could fill the void I knew, and the ordinary pleasures of others served to
further isolate me from my fellows.
The nearest approach to happiness I am able to recall was of a negative character - momentary cessation of misery.
Two words, oh, how sweet! Earth, earth! let me go!
Why do I end up in hell if I forces my way? Could it be that I show lack in faith and am self-reliant and in that way are sinning?
When God throws the portal open we find ourselves in Heaven; man forces it, and lo! he stands in hell!
Anna Skevik, Sweden

Anna S
Community Member

Post by Anna S » Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:09 pm

Chapter 2 - The family in paradise
If it is possible, do not murmur at thy lot, poor, unloved, benighted, and lonely one - I am speaking after having passed through. the ordeal, after bearing the burden, after refusing to be comforted,
Is "after refusing to be comforted" referring to not letting addictions soothe me away from the feelings my life is bringing me?
I feel curious about how Fred was able to "not murmur his lot", "bearing the burden" and "refusing to be comforted" and would appreciate to hear you discuss that.

With love
Anna
Anna Skevik, Sweden

Anna S
Community Member

Post by Anna S » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:44 am

Chapter 3 - The Love of God
Spiritually considered I am but two steps removed from earth,
“I think not. He called his the third Heaven, this is only the first
I feel curious about where Vaone and Aphraar are in the spiritual world.
Is "two steps form earth" the same as the second sphere? And is the first Heaven the same as the first sphere?
I know that that knowledge is not helping me to grow towards God, I am just curious.
Let us be content and satisfied until we have enjoyed the full extent of this.

I have understood that being content and satisfied, not investigating, can be a risk of becoming stagnant. If Vaone is missing something, what makes her not being interested in investigating, for example the third Heaven?

Vaone is telling Aphraar that he has been with her
have you not been with me a large share of the time?
Is it possible for all spirits to spend time together with persons in their sleep state, independent on their soul condition? That is, if a soul is earth bound or in the hells, can such a soul spend time with a person in his/her sleep state?

Love
Anna
Anna Skevik, Sweden

Lani
Newcomer

Post by Lani » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:49 am

Hi Mary and Jesus,

Thank-you for discussing The Life Elysian.

My question is in the preface 1st page ,half way down.
"If any man has been summoned to step with unshod feet upon holy ground, I also
have had laid upon me the awful responsibility of publishing the things I have seen and I have heard".
Could you please discuss the meaning of unshod feet in this context?
Warm regards
Lani

Lani
Newcomer

Post by Lani » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:35 am

Hi Mary and Jesus,
I am really excited about the Life Elysian and the chance to engage with you about it.
Thank you both for the opportunity.

Ch 1. last page P.9
" Where the mind of the Father and Child are working together to do His will, God is never late,
but rather before the moment,for which we needs must wait. In that slight pause the fullness of the meted measure of bliss is reached.
When God throws the portal open we
find ourselves in Heaven; man forces it, and lo! he stands in hell!"
Can u please explain this. Divine timing is something I really wish to understand
and something I am really crap at!
Lots of love
Lani

Lani
Newcomer

Post by Lani » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:18 pm

Chapter 2 P.14.
so for the systems sake the Needle's Eye remains in spite of inconvenience
agony and unfaithfulness to God.,
Is this Needle's eye the same one used in the bible when the camel couldn't pass thru the eye of a needle?????
Love Lani

marionseath
Community Member

Post by marionseath » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:06 pm

Aphraar spends time in the 2nd chapter highlighting the myth of the earthly family relationships and describes God's soul family relationships. p.17

"There can only be one family in Heaven in which all humanity, of every clime, colour, tongue, and nation, will rank as brethren, and God the Father of all."

Q. How best can we spread the message about God's family and break down the conditioning (social and familial)?

"Parental love has a necessary function to perform on earth, which from being vital in the outset gradually shades away until the child learns to act for himself - even to the resisting and defiance of parental authority and then himself assumes the parental role." p.18

Q. Could you outline God's truth about parental love?

"In the spiritual realm, when the child is born he becomes a son of God and Fatherhood is assumed by the Eternal in whose great human family circles of nearer or more distant unions will be formed until the whole human race becomes one in Him." p.18

Q. What are the nearer or more distant unions Aphraar refers to?

I really hope one day I can feel that I am a daughter of God and truly a sister to my daughter, also a daughter of God, and my mother, another daughter of God.

Thank you Mary Jesus and Nicky for this opportunity to learn.

Much appreciation, Marion