Learning the Truth about God's Nature

What have you learnt about our ever-loving parent? We'd love to know!
revspaceman
Newcomer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Learning the Truth about God's Nature

Post by revspaceman » Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:22 pm

I am of the opinion that God is the creation of Man, because when we speak of God we supply all of our fantasies upon it - we even give God a gender, and it happens to be male ! Surely this is a big clue as to the origin of God. The Intelligence that created all that we see and don't see is way beyond our limited comprehension. I prefer the Sufi title of the Beloved, or simply Source.

The Tao which can be spoken of is not the Eternal Tao. I love that particular line. So for me, when we speak of God, we are entering the realms of fantasy. Don't get me wrong I am not an atheist, but I am wary of the word of Man.
In the middle of the word believe there is a lie - John Trudell

Priests and politicians are the Mafia of the Soul - Osho

Live from the Heart - Rev Spaceman

Alkhemst
Community Member

Post by Alkhemst » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:31 am

revspaceman wrote:I am of the opinion that God is the creation of Man, because when we speak of God we supply all of our fantasies upon it..
I'd agree, the majority of what we hear about God are embellished with mans' concepts. For me, this is also a concept of man among many others:
revspaceman wrote:The Intelligence that created all that we see and don't see is way beyond our limited comprehension.
Instead of going to man, wouldn't it be best to ask God about God? That's what I find valuable about the material AJ and Mary present - it's primarily about developing a relationship with God and by that relationship coming to know God better.

Otherwise like you implied, we rely on heresay, which if you're familiar with law, isn't even considered evidence in mans' court! So having a first-hand experience of God or in other words, a relationship with God is what counts here.

The thing is, it seems you've come here with the purpose of educating others about what your conclusions of God is and isn't, without even investigating fully the material on God that the forum is based on.

Its worth looking at what you might be invested in, and what pay-off you're trying to get in doing this.

revspaceman
Newcomer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by revspaceman » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:36 pm

First off I do not believe in God, so my journey isn't about having a relationship with God ! If this works for others then fine, but for me, it doesn't. I am content on going within, and discovering what lies therein. What I find though, is my truth, and I find it difficult to put into words what I discover - or remember.

Your assumption about my goal here is wrong. I am sincerely interested to hear about what others have discovered on their spiritual quest.

I prefer the Tao: The Tao that can be spoken of is not the Eternal Tao.

I live from the Heart. I try and help people when help is needed.

I will peruse the material on offer as I am open minded.

Anneli
Muted

Post by Anneli » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:41 pm

Hey there, revspaceman,

May I ask in what ways you have found that it does not work to have a relationship with God for you?
my journey isn't about having a relationship with God ! If this works for others then fine, but for me, it doesn't.
I used to believe that God was more like "The source/Universe/Love/The Highest Intelligence" and similar, but when I heard Yeshua and Miriam (Jesus & Mary/AJ & Mary) speak with such humility and love about their relationship with a personal God, and about receiving love directly from God (who created all of us children!) into their soul, then I just had to try it (and it also reminded me of the quite firm belief I had in a personal God when I was a child, only it went astray for some years during my "spiritual seeker" years).

Somehow, you seem a bit reluctant to consider the possibility that God might be a personal entity, for example as in being our heavenly Mother and Father?

Kind regards,
Anneli

Alkhemst
Community Member

Post by Alkhemst » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:03 am

revspaceman wrote:First off I do not believe in God, so my journey isn't about having a relationship with God ! If this works for others then fine, but for me, it doesn't.
I don't believe in God either, inasmuch what others say God is. That's because for me, belief is generally about agreeing on something without the basis of first-hand experience. At least that's what I understand it to mean. So guided by belief alone, leaves me to act without the substance of knowing things by my own first-hand experience, in this case the experience of God. So I prefer faith instead as put here:
faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen
That substance for me started when hearing AJ's testimony of God, it made sense to me, his reasoning was sound, so like Anneli mentioned I too decided to experiment with it a bit on that basis. I was willing to put my beliefs and conclusions aside for a while and approach it as if God is this distinct being that wants a personal relationship with me, and I felt something there, true - it's difficult to describe in words but it felt like an assurance of-sorts that God wants me to know him/her/it via this relationship and I felt truly loved.

So for now that's what I want to keep on doing and keep learning who and what God is via this process, while at the same time trying to be as sincere as possible with it all. As a result my life has become simpler after somewhat allowing God to lead me in this process, I just have to take the steps in that direction a lot further I feel. I'm curious though to see where it takes me but so far so good!
revspaceman wrote:I prefer the Tao: The Tao that can be spoken of is not the Eternal Tao.
That makes a lot of sense too, words often don't give justice to experiences generally and much is lost in translation too. However if you take it to mean its fruitless to attempt to describe our experiences, I disagree, especially when what's spoken points to a shared experience. For example I wouldn't even be discussing this if it was fruitless. I'm deeply thankful that AJ choose to describe what he learnt from his experiences of God.

An enduring theme in the Tao te Ching (sometimes translated as "The Way" too) was the position of the ocean. It's the source of all the water, it's the source of power but it always takes the lowest position, in other words it's also most humble but from that position it leads all. I reckon that's a good description of God's nature.

I feel that if anyone is just willing to go to God without preconceived ideas (whether true or not and even from Divine Truth), doing so in sincerity and humility, is how we learn directly about God from God and many other things too.

Max
Community Member

Post by Max » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:09 am

Hi revspaceman

I also agree with the phrase The Tao that can be spoken of is not the Eternal Tao. I think it is an accurate description of the minds limitation in understanding the source of all things real.
This forum was largely created to help people who are interested in growing in their understanding of the source of all things. However this understanding is not acquired through the intellect but through a direct experience of that source and the experience is emotionally based and the emotion is love.

It's a direct emotionally based experience of that aspect of the Source that wants to have a direct relationship with us and that experience is love.

When someone who has had that experience (like Jesus) talks about it to someone who hasn't experienced it yet, he uses words. But it's kind of like trying to describe the experience of eating a mango to someone who's never even seen one. Very hard to give someone that experience with words. Much easier if that person experienced eating one themselves, then they could both have a conversation about it with a lot less misunderstanding.

Words are just the garments we drape on meanings. I heard a saying once "when the teacher points to the moon, don't get fixated on his finger".

Hope that was of some help

Max

Nicky
Site Admin

Post by Nicky » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:02 pm

Hi Revspaceman

I have recently made an amendment/update to the terms of use which I feel your actions in this thread are now in breach of.

You can view these changes by visiting the below link:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=347

I will not take any disciplinary action against you currently as the terms of use did not include these changes when you registered to the forums and made your posts here.

Thanks

Nicky

Anna S
Community Member

Post by Anna S » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:26 am

Thank you Moti for posting the link to the letter from Jesus!! (I tried to include the link again, but I could not find out how to do that, sorry)
I found this letter from Jesus (written in 2005) about Receiving Divine Love helpful on the issue of how we can come to discern the inflow of God's love into our soul..
The letter answered questions I have been thinking and wondering about regarding myself.
Have I received Gods love?
Do I progress towards God - or am I fooling myself?

I have not been sure if what I have felt has been God's love or spirits. I do have experienced that tingling sensation in my body together with feeling overwhelmed with tears - but I have thought that could be spirits too.
But one certain change that I can recognize in me, compared with for 5 years ago, is that I have become softer, happier and calmer. And those feelings inspire me to grow more towards God.

In the presentation of Repentance and Forgiveness in the second Assistance group, Jesus says that the only thing preventing us from receiving God's love is that we have not repented (emotionally felt) the unloving things we have done, and not forgiven (emotionally felt) the unloving things done to us. Easy to understand - not as easy to practice. But that is my focus now - to look for and being alert to what unloving things I do and have done and feel them. And also to ask myself: How come I can do such an unloving thing? What is the cause in me making me unsensivite and unloving? And feel what has been done to me, that I was unwilling or unable to feel at the time.

Love
Anna
Anna Skevik, Sweden

revspaceman
Newcomer

Post by revspaceman » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:48 pm

I am aware that we are not our physical body, but that we have a physical body; the same applies to our mind, we are not the mind - we have a mind with its endless supply of thoughts, emotions and feelings. In my teens I had an NDE which allowed me to see a part of what lies beyond.

Direct experience is how I live my life. It has to be experienced, and I have been blessed to have some deep experiences which words fail to do justice to. I know we are all connected, we are all family, and we should all be aware of this - it saddens me that we remain on the whole ignorant of this fact.

The Tao truly resonates with me, it speaks to me on a deeper level.

MikeCollier
Community Member

Post by MikeCollier » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:07 pm

Learning the Truth about God is the best news anyone can ever discover. It's very sad for me that so many have been infected with a sort of immunity against believing God actually has their best interests in mind.