Addiction To Not Engaging

Everybody's favourite topic
Nicky
Site Admin

Re: Addiction To Not Engaging

Post by Nicky » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:30 pm

Hi guys
Arvarna wrote:I would like to ask though:
Do we need to always state how we feel about things for people to know us? Because I find sometimes that I share certain things (with people in my everyday life) but then think 'did I really need to share all that?'. Because I find that we can also be addicted to sharing how we feel all the time.
I guess I am not clear on how to let myself be known by others without oversharing about a whole heap of stuff? (This is something that my family does too)
With regards to the question Arvarna has asked and the general confusion within the thread, I feel a really great way for us all to learn about how to share ourselves in the most loving way possible is to find Mary's posts on the differing threads across the forum and study/feel about how she structures her posts towards others. I feel Mary's posts are a great example for everyone and a great model for us all to aspire to.

Of course, Mary is the highest developed person in terms of love who has been posting on the forum therefore most of us wouldn't be clear and comfortable with offering direct personal feedback to others like she has done in a few of her posts but I feel the key is to observe how Mary goes about answering or getting involved in a certain topic and seeing how much of it she relates back to herself etc.

Again as I mentioned in my previous comment here, a lot is down to how we are actually feeling at the point of writing a post on the forum so again, I'd encourage us all to just be aware of this and take a few moments to feel about this when posting. Is there a compulsion/desperate feeling in me to make a thread or post? If so, I am probably in addiction so maybe I should reflect and feel the compulsion before posting OR is there actually a sincere feeling in me wanting to help someone or wanting to know answers to my questions?

Cheers

Nicky

Arvarna
Community Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Arvarna » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:27 am

Thanks for that NIcky

Kate
Community Member

Post by Kate » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:41 pm

Hey Banana,

Thanks for posting this, it lead me into some more personal reflection on the topic.

A while ago I made a post in arrogance and addiction that was nasty towards Patricia, and received some feedback from Mary about it.

I expected at the time to receive strikes, and was surprised and baffled when I did not. Through writing this post and further reflection I think I understand more why. It seems like if we are willing to accept the truth without too much resistance, see the personal issue and have some desire to change and amend the damage, we don’t have to be banned. That seems to be what you are saying Nicky in your first response on this thread.

The feedback I received was really helpful to me in assisting me from a state of denial to more awareness of God’s Truth. I can see that change and growth is now possible for me, and a series of events have followed of increased honesty and gaining more personal truth. I know this is a progression in love for me (a tiny step away from unlovingness) but at the same time i'm really embarrassed about my true condition being known. I judge my lack of love and have devoted my life to attempting to create a façade more appealing to others. I withdrew from participation in the forum due to embarrassment, avoidance and my desire to protect and retain some semblance of a ‘decent’ façade!

I also became unsure about how the forum is intended to be used and questioning what would be the loving use Nicky has in mind, like is it a space for people who are in a more loving condition than myself to interact? Is it for sharing more practical information like links to seminars and resources on the relevant topics? And so on. I have a bit more of a sense now with further observation and reflection around what you have written Nicky.

Lately i've been doing something a bit similar to what you said Arvarna with the background floating haha. I occasionally read threads but don’t really feel I could post a response of value to the person(s) as I have no idea myself about most things! Which is cool, maybe at some time there will be something I feel to ask or offer from personal experience.

Thanks,

Kate

maureen
Community Member

Post by maureen » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:40 am

glad to see you posting again kate...after your feedback from mary...I think many of us became afraid...or should I say felt the fear we had already in our souls of being exposed for where we are still acting in facade and injury where we might not have any clue...I posted this before...but it sure illustrates how I feel after I post sometimes. Still, I'm excited that we are all getting more opportunities for clear and definitive feedback and that Jesus and Mary seem to be going to the next level with this now (and like they discuss in these new sessions, the level of feedback Mary has received in a day's time is huge and that we will all need to become more expanded in this area in order to be embracing truth about our condition more and more. They share too about how they now feel about feedback which is that it is a huge gift they embrace with enthusiasm. As it is what God would want them to know and see. Also, that Nicky is offering this space too and giving us an environment to practice and grow around these things is awesome. I got a huge dose of feedback recently when I acted very unlovingly under spirit influence during work on the clip project....it was a total shock. But, it also has set my life on the right track in a big way in an area I was totally off on and my life will never be the same...what was exposed as a huge error was undeniable and Jesus and Mary helped me to see this...and even though I was shocked, horrified and terrified...I am utterly grateful now. Their words sent me back to the past where I see have much more to face and heal that I was not acknowledging. There have been times when I would see other people getting feedback and felt like a child in a family watching someone else "getting in trouble" and glad it wasn't me. Which is not very nice for sure and is part of something unhealed within me. There were seven girls in my family and we would all be terrified and sacrificing each other up and relieved when we were not the one picked for the beating. I had no experience of error being exposed and addressed by a loving person in my life before. Now, that I have had a first hand experience of the gift of truth about things I was totally off about and I was closed to seeing before, I am much more excited about all of us having the chance to grow uninhibited through this kind of feedback into the future....even if I have fear remaining....I am certain it is out of harmony with God's view of the gift of truth for sure....so it is awesome to witness feedback, shock and humility...and the softening to more truth. It is an exciting time. And it is totally cool to have a sort of Divine Truth "playground" to experiment and experience feedback and then grow to do this more in "real" life. Thanks again Nicky and everyone who is being open here and of course, a huge thanks to Jesus and Mary for showing us what love looks like in this area of embracing soul development...I had no idea that being shown something dark in my soul could be a gift of love.

Love,
Moti

julie_bennion
Community Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by julie_bennion » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:16 pm

Hello all friends who sometimes follow, or feel, the addiction to not engage :ugeek:

I'm so moved by both Kate & Moti, your posts here. Thank you... I'm grateful and relieved to hear from & feel two sisters speaking about "challenging" feedback (as you say, so I imagine it might/probably? be for me).
In my desire to encourage another sister on the path, I almost copied Moti's post (to send to Jennifer Brownson, whom I met through DT; she has also received feedback, including a red strike here). But then I realized, I ought to ask if that would be okay!, Nicky? & Moti?

One thing that is potentially a bit tricky with engaging here, I have experienced, is when I engage with others who are also part of the Hub, but when we're talking/posting in another zone (i.e, in a private message), where, in this situation, I felt slammed by the other's comments on how I was interacting/posting on The Hub. I wanted to go tell Nicky!! :D , but then.. I didn't know what to do, except keep feeling, respond later, and then let it go, which I did. Still, now I wonder again about this potential loophole for any & everyone here. We are slowly, hopefully feeling trusting of interactions here, based on the clarity of feedback we receive (a couple weeks ago, I got some direct & clear feedback from Nicky, related to my leaning on, seeking support/help! from, being in addiction with... others. It is amazing & healing to hear the truth someone feels about me, from a non-judgmental place.) Thanks again Nicky. <3<3

maureen
Community Member

Post by maureen » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:47 pm

Hi Julie....I think people who have received strikes can view all the material posted still as a guest...but, also, anything posted is fine to share as far as I know because the forum is public....xxoo moti

julie_bennion
Community Member

Post by julie_bennion » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:04 pm

Thank you Moti!, I understand from Jen now too, she is able to read posts on the Forum, while 'banned' from commenting as long as she's in the 'red strike zone'. A few weeks ago she mentioned to me, she wasn't able to see new posts; but later she realized she had accidentally ;) logged out of her account.

On another note, I've been looking into different options, with Rita's generous assistance, for getting myself to Aus for the Love Course sessions; Looking at maps (it's a big country, a whole continent!); Where to stay; How to move about once I'm there (on a bike, buses, trains if they exists down under?, would be ideal). One idea that came, was to rent a place for the duration and open it up for others who are traveling from overseas to come and stay (in the extra bedroom, on the couch or on the floor, wherever there's room to lay down, in a bag :D )

Then, somewhere in the wee hours a couple nights ago, it occurred to me, maybe J&M need a housesitter! :D And that led to, I wonder if anybody in the land of Oz, who is going to the first session, needs a house, cat, dog, garden caretaker... I haven't taken care of children as a housesitter before, but I could! The first session being full, I would happily fly over, land, and housesit for that time period. From there I can more readily see about a rental for the remaining sessions. I would love to talk about this with anyone, wherever this may be possible.

I thought to share this here, by way of tossing my addiction to not engaging, for a loop! & see where (and how) it lands.

Nicky, what do you think about starting a new topic, "Traveling to Aus for the Love Course", for this, and other, communications?

Thanks!

Anita
Community Member

Post by Anita » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:37 pm

Great suggestion Julie, are you going to attend all the sessions? I'm going to the two last ones. I have been looking into doing some wwoofing between the two. But it would really be awesome to be staying somewhere with other people that are attending as well.
Anita Tännström

Nicky
Site Admin

Post by Nicky » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:52 pm

Hi Julie

I would suggest that you or anybody else create a topic in the "Divine Truth Questions?" or "Assistance" forum category concerning the assistance groups coming up and you can discuss anything there if you so wish.

I feel this is most appropriate as this actual thread here is about the addiction to not engaging and it's now starting to go off topic which is being unloving to Arvarna who created this thread and also to the other forum members who come in to read about this specific topic.

Thanks

Nicky

julie_bennion
Community Member

Post by julie_bennion » Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:26 pm

Hi Everyone ~
I'm sorry for my delay in responding, Anita & Nicky; I have been depending on receiving notification of new posts, which didn't come (I guess I forgot to check-mark the "Notify me..." box, after my last post). I'll consider starting a new thread about going to Aus, once I feel through more of my addictions to being served, helped along, etc.

In some addiction, I went off-topic here... and pulled you-all along with me. :oops: I'm so sorry!