Some advice?

Stuck in your progression? - Ask for advice
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Phoebe Bruce
Community Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Some advice?

Post by Phoebe Bruce » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:07 am

Hi there,

I thought I would ask a question about 'what would love do' as I don't have enough love inside me on this issue to have known what Love would have done/would do in addressing this.

I work with small children, one day per week, in a woman's home (family day care). One of the mothers came to pick up her two children (2 y.o and 1 y.o) The two year old picked up a hand bag and, from what I gather (I didnt see it) hit the dog with it. The mother (who is also my boss) promptly smacked the child hard on the arm and yelled at her for doing that to the dog. The child hit her mum back and screamed and cried and was intensely distressed (what the mother said was 'throwing a tantrum') the mother walked away and ignored the child. I felt shocked, I rarely actually see physical violence towards children in my daily life. I felt rooted to the spot I had no idea what love would do. I'm afraid of the mother (who is running the family day care scheme). can anyone guide me in discovering the truth here? I feel sick about it and I feel there is a sin of omission that I have been involved with. I'm sure I have heard AJ talk about this somewhere.

Ok, thank you,
Phoebe

Anna S
Community Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Some advice?

Post by Anna S » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:30 pm

Hi Phoebe!
Perhaps you could address the mother and tell her that what she was doing to her child, was exactly what the child was doing to the dog and when she is hitting the child she actually is teaching her child to hit and that it is not ok to hit anybody.
And ask God to guide you in your explorations of what love would do.
Another issue to address is the child hitting the dog!
I agree with you that it is a sin of omission saying nothing
And you probably have to support yourself to allow yourself to be overwhelmed with a lot of fear of meeting an angry, violent woman and fear of losing your job!!

With love
Anna
Anna Skevik, Sweden

Alejandro CL
Community Member

Post by Alejandro CL » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:03 am

Phoebe Bruce wrote:(...) I work with small children, one day per week, in a woman's home (family day care). One of the mothers came to pick up her two children (2 y.o and 1 y.o) The two year old picked up a hand bag and, from what I gather (I didnt see it) hit the dog with it. The mother (who is also my boss) promptly smacked the child hard on the arm and yelled at her for doing that to the dog. The child hit her mum back and screamed and cried and was intensely distressed (what the mother said was 'throwing a tantrum') the mother walked away and ignored the child. I felt shocked, I rarely actually see physical violence towards children in my daily life. I felt rooted to the spot I had no idea what love would do. I'm afraid of the mother (who is running the family day care scheme). can anyone guide me in discovering the truth here? I feel sick about it and I feel there is a sin of omission that I have been involved with. I'm sure I have heard AJ talk about this somewhere.

Ok, thank you,
Phoebe
Hello Phoebe,

I am yet a newcomer in DT, but I think I remember something that might help you with this case.
You are right that it would be a sin of omission not saying anything, but you need to be careful before stating the truth to someone else, correct me if I am wrong but I remember that AJ said that it all depends on your feelings.

If you feel angry about the other person doing the harm towards the children then what you are actually projecting anger towards another person witch is another sin and it would be much better that you understand it, understand that this a law of attraction (LoA) event that is triggering an emotion inside of you that needs to be address. On the other hand, if you feel compassion about what happened and just want to lovely state the truth of what happened to help them understand when they are being unloving...then it is loving for you to state the truth and it would be unloving not honor truth.

I hope that this may be of assistance,
Alejandro.
"The truth will set you free"

Darragh
Muted

Post by Darragh » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:07 pm

Post was a few months ago, but I'm sure it is still relevant and so common. The first thing you said was "I'm Afraid...". that is the first port of call. Imagine that situation continuing and feel the fear associated with that. Its amazing when there is no fear, you will know what to do and if its loving, you will automatically engage then after. When something like this happens, engaging in the situation needs to have an emotional effect on the mother in order for a declaration change.

I, now imagining that situation can think of a few things the mother is hoping to achieve/avoid by hitting the child. So i'll reflect on any emotions i have that would lead me to do the same and feel them. Two things will happen, I learn from the experience and also by removing the emotions in myself will allow me to see same in others from future similar situations. So a win-win-win. Then confronting the lady in future and hitting the nail on the head with what she just did will surely shock her completely with the realisation.

Darragh

Ivo
Community Member

Post by Ivo » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:22 pm

Hi Phoebe,

I thought this video from the assistance group (starting from 24th minute) could help
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5ZTdz1 ... e=youtu.be

Ivo