Is shame a causal emotion connected with blame and demand?

The yucky ones
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
rizasukman
Community Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Is shame a causal emotion connected with blame and demand?

Post by rizasukman » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:15 am

I'm going through some fear and shame of having an opinion and of having my own perspective in regards to my mother. This could also be put under the heading Terror and Fear of a Woman's anger.

Is Shame a causal emotion in this regard or will there be grief eventually at the end, after I feel through the entirety of this emotion?

Perhaps there's an addiction in play of me wanting to intellectually know what will happen before I feel it. But, I would like to know more about how the emotional process and the soul's functioning.

Do I need to pray separately afterwards to receive Love so that I can feel the grief of the shame?

thanks in advance,
Riza
Riza Sukman
riza.sukman@gmail.com
+32-2-770-9865
+32-485-686-282

Marina Smargiannakis
Community Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Is shame a causal emotion connected with blame and demand?

Post by Marina Smargiannakis » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:58 pm

Hi Riza,

From what I have learned, shame isn't a causal, but a capping emotion, like fear, then will come your grief after it is felt fully.

I believe if you type in some keywords in the Divine Truth Search tab in youtube (next to the 'About' button on their channel), you will be given great video and info to answer your question in full.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJRcQ9 ... zBCO26BtUQ

Also, God is always waiting with His loving arms for you to pray. You need not to wait, ever. God loves us in our condition, no matter what, and we don't need to be 'better' in order to receive love.

I think it would also benefit you to self-reflect on these intellectual questions and how they are assuaging your fear.

Marina

c.mike
Newcomer

Post by c.mike » Sat May 07, 2016 6:45 pm

I found Brene Brown books on shame very helpful: The Gifts of Imperfections is a good start. She also has a Ted talk on vulnerability/shame

Perry
Community Member

Post by Perry » Sat May 07, 2016 11:00 pm

From memory, I seem to remember Jesus saying that 'shame' is not a causal emotion. I'm pretty sure he recommends to ask oneself What am I ashamed of ? and then this leads to the under lying emotion.

Maybe that teaching is in the seminars that Marina has posted above.

rizasukman
Community Member

Post by rizasukman » Sun May 08, 2016 3:40 pm

thanks guys.

i'm coming up against something that feels quite powerful and potentially liberating if I am able to be humble here. I'd like to continue this thread with the following questions because I think it has something to do with me avoiding/refusing feeling the pain of blame for something that i'm not responsible for:

1. I don't have genuine enthusiastic excitement to act (and to feel about my blocks) in respect to my projects and activities in my perceived field of interest and passion. Are the blocks to excitement and willingness to act/feel blocks in this regard also emotions from childhood that need to be received the Truth? Also, what steps can I practically take to figure out the Truth of what my blocks are? Would love to know about what's causing my resistances to being present (non-disassociative) in my yoga classes and when engaging with my clients.

I think school, projections of fear, and suppressive actions created my block to having enthusiasm and excitement in the realm of action, but what is required to receive the Truth and to feel the genuine emotions about this pain? Otherwise, I feel I could just continue forcing my way with will-power to continue doing the things I perceive are my desires and getting more frustrated and hopeless because there is so much pain actually associated with doing the thing I think I want to be doing (teaching yoga and other body based exercise release practices Tension and Trauma Releasing Exercises).

2. I have, at the moment, what feels to be huge frustrated dynamic rage about being in debt (education loans from the USA) and having a shortage of money to finance my desires paired with the 1st question. How to soften into anything constructive, receive Truth, feel my way through what's really happening + what emotions are really causing this blockage of action, enthusiasm, and flow in the direction of making money so that I can continue doing stuff that I'm passionate about, help people out, and continue growing.

I also don't know when to act and when to stay home and feel?

I'm feeling desperate because of having tried to force my way with will-power and hopeful because i've never been so non-judgmental of my anger before and i'm feeling so much less depressed than i've been feeling for much of my life. i've recently been using a body-bag for punching and grounding myself and feel it's really been helping as an avenue to begin connecting with lots of suppressed anger; with it coming lots of more energy and connection with my will to live.

Thanks in advance and looking forward,
Riza
Riza Sukman
riza.sukman@gmail.com
+32-2-770-9865
+32-485-686-282