Experiencing the USA after the elections

Say Hi to everyone - we’d love to get to know you
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Sarahpetty
Newcomer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Experiencing the USA after the elections

Post by Sarahpetty » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:48 pm

My name is Sarah. I live in Oregon on the west coast of the USA. I am turning to this forum as a way to help me stay in the truth of facing my fear and deconstructing my facade self. Most of my friends are appalled at the number of people who followed Trump's example of projecting their fear rather than feel their fear. So many people we thought we knew well are now actually quoting scripture to try to manipulate others into submitting to his example as well. It is a land divided. Yet this unmasking of how the collective fear rules this country is necessary. This greed to own more of the globe's resources to try to avoid the underlying terror is now being "normalized", admitted openly. Not the terror--which would be helpful to admit to. But the greed. "We're entitled." :-( Bullying has escalated and notes left on the scene with references to Trump as justification. Even Portlandia--city of uber liberalism and tolerance--is erupting in violent fear-based reactions. Emotions that are being stirred up are uncomfortable to admit to: shame that we will be perceived as agreeing with Trump's behavior; fear that we cannot trust our fellow Americans; condescension that some of us are better than that; Disgust so that we want to terminate family ties and friendships; shame that we have not spoken our truth in public; shame that we feel these things; etc. Many of us are so caught up in shock and dismay that it is very difficult to believe we have anything in common with Trump supporters. yet we do--FEAR FEAR FEAR! We are in the hell of fear together. So, if anyone is paying attention and I understand why you wouldn't, I am appealing to anyone who has emoted their own fear to not project more fear into this unstable country--not out of pity to let us continue our unloving choices as a nation, but to feel their own fear, so we can more directly feel our own fear. I have an urge to drive a van over to Portland as an emergency "emote-mobile" to help people emote right there in the street. Does anyone have insights to share?

maureen
Community Member

Re: Experiencing the USA after the elections

Post by maureen » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:44 pm

Hi Sarah....what is working for me is to continue to ask God to show me the unloving state of my own soul. And as I do this, I find that it has nothing to do with where anyone else is with their own emotions (though that is certainly often what is triggering me), but rather my own estrangement from God and not knowing God's truth in own heart when it comes to these same things.....like a belief in "them" or "me" or justifying continual demands coming from my soul that others be in a different condition than (I believe) they are as my only hope for salvation, safety....etc.

I'm just becoming more aware of the unloving nature of the impetus to change other people when I am triggered emotionally instead of turning to face my own soul condition and all the beliefs that I have within me now (like the belief I need to change others or take responsibility for actions that they are taking or may take and trying to prevent that or the outcome/potential outcomes of their choices, etc.) beliefs stemming from my own ancestry, my own early life and the choices I have made up until this moment in time. For example, the belief I can be held responsible for the choices others make/may make...and so I try to control them or preempt possible fallout from their actions, etc. (these are false beliefs that I have to feel my way through now if I am going to ever know God's truth in my heart and soul)....the truth is that I can never be held responsible for the choices others make to be unloving....maybe by other humans (ie. my mother, father and sisters, coworker, boss, etc.) but not by God...because all God's laws are unbreakable and just. I just don't know that yet emotionally. And, I need to face these things and my own unloving desires/behaviors stemming from these false beliefs and the actions I allow myself to take and justify in my own avoidance of fear/terror.

Truly, I see why I want to make others change and have put my faith in that all my life....because it feels better than facing my own terror through not doing those things and feeling the truth of my complete lack of love in many many areas of life...especially, as I am seeing now....in my choices to treat others without love because I do not understand free will yet (having abdicated my own pretty much completely up til now).....what it is and what is means...my own or others'. There is a lot to face and feel about.

I'm finding that to be the most productive way for me these days. Just to pray to God, and to stay open to my own attractions on a personal daily level and to allow myself to face the truth of my own lack of love and lack of faith in love and lack of integration and true knowledge or any real belief or real faith in God's laws and love or in the power of taking personal responsibility for the condition of my own soul now and the terror that entails and the need to grow the courage to face myself and my own fears and lack of development and estrangement from God.

The way these things are being revealed to me is not through the elections and the actions of others in the midst of all these external events per se ...but through my own personal life which is paralleling all those external events...if I allow myself to see it and feel the truth of that. Rather than disavow any similar unloving emotions (I see in others) that I have yet to face or feel or release or heal within my own soul with God's help. I see the events taking place here as a wakeup call to face myself more urgently.

I think it makes things more easy to work through when I just stay centered in a desire to face my own unloving condition with God's help. Day by day. Event by unfolding event. Large or small. Personal or collective. Because that is the only way to progress or for the world to change. By people like us doing this. Facing what is inside of ourselves that is not in harmony with God's truth or definition of love in each case. And that makes the most sense to me...to follow the advice of Jesus and Mary. To do that work. And, then there will be some people in the world who are able to live without fear..free of fear...and without a need to avoid having to feel the fear we are denying is in us...like we are all doing now.

Hope that makes sense... :)

Love,

Maureen

Sarahpetty
Newcomer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Sarahpetty » Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:58 am

Yes, that makes sane sense. I appreciate that you cared to share such a complete answer. My friend Wendy and I have started meeting with a small group of people who are learning to support one another by holding the space while we emote. We hope that we can come to the table and accept the actuality of each of us having three selves, and without judgment, to help one another recognize which self is acting at any moment. Such a learning curve! We have to keep reminding ourselves that this work is ultimately about having a more authentic relationship with God, receiving Divine Love and letting that Love be what makes change happen around us.
Thanks again!
Sarah

Nicky
Site Admin

Post by Nicky » Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:44 am

Hi Sarah

I have issued you with a board warning for your latest activity on the forum which is in breach of a number of sections of the terms of use.

There feels to be a degree of facade in your first post on this thread. For example, you say:
Most of my friends are appalled at the number of people who followed Trump's example of projecting their fear rather than feel their fear.
I do not feel you are being honest about your own feelings here and instead, refer to your friends feelings towards other people without stating that you have similar feelings yourself. There is a degree of judgement and condescension you have towards other people and their differing beliefs but you are not honest or truly humble to that in your post. You list a number of emotions that you can recognise within yourself (condescension being one) however, instead of owning them you are acting in them which is damaging to yourself as well as others. Also, there is an underlying feeling of anger in your post and this comes through quite strongly in your writing so I would encourage you to feel more about this. In my own personal experience, if we are to first accept and then work towards deconstructing our facade, we have to be completely honest and sincere with ourselves and our true feelings of where we are at right now and grow a desire to feel them in private.

Later on you mentioned:
I am appealing to anyone who has emoted their own fear to not project more fear into this unstable country--not out of pity to let us continue our unloving choices as a nation, but to feel their own fear, so we can more directly feel our own fear
Feeling all of our own feelings including fear is our own personal will based choice and not dependant upon other people's choices. Sure, in an ideal world, everyone would want to be self responsible and own their own emotions at all times which may assist other's in feeling theirs but again, it comes down to the individual and their own will. I feel this in itself is an amazing benefit of the gift of free will God granted to all of us in that if we personally desire to change and grow in love, we do not need to rely on others around us (irrespective of their own personal choices) but we can focus on growing our own humility and building our own personal relationship with God.

I appreciate that you along with many other Americans and others across the world are feeling quite emotionally charged at this moment in time about how recent events have come to pass and I feel it is a great opportunity for everyone to be more honest about our feelings and make the personal choice to own them rather than project them out towards others.

After reading your latest posts over the past 24 hours on the forum in this thread and in one or two others, I would also like to encourage you to explore/become more sensitive to whether you have been receiving addictive feelings from spirits with and around you and misinterpreting that as receiving love from God? I would question this because the underlying emotions and actions (your latest posts on the forum) are not congruous with somebody who is receiving Divine Love frequently as this is the impression you are giving to others.

Cheers
Nicky

Sarahpetty
Newcomer

Post by Sarahpetty » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:40 am

Thanks for the feedback.

Mary
DT Teacher

Post by Mary » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:17 am

Hi Nicky,

Where is this all this coming from? I don't agree with the reasons or reasoning you list here in your warning to Sarah.

I don't feel Sarah's intentions in her initial post were anything but sincere, honest, heartfelt and humble.

What Sarah says here:
I am appealing to anyone who has emoted their own fear to not project more fear into this unstable country--not out of pity to let us continue our unloving choices as a nation, but to feel their own fear, so we can more directly feel our own fear
is actually a request to others to respond humbly towards the USA and Trump's election as president.

While everyone is ultimately responsible for their own feelings and whether they choose to feel them or not, Sarah is not out of harmony with love or truth by being a voice calling for a loving response.

I also can't see how she is excluding herself from her statements about the fear within all Americans that is currently triggered. And I agree with many of her statements including:
unmasking of how the collective fear rules this country is necessary
and
Many of us are so caught up in shock and dismay that it is very difficult to believe we have anything in common with Trump supporters. yet we do--FEAR FEAR FEAR! We are in the hell of fear together.
The only thing I would mention to Sarah is that her small meeting group to
support one another by holding the space while we emote
is based in emotional addiction and will likely foster addiction rather than to help people to truly feel their emotions. This is a mistake or error I also endorsed earlier in my experiences with Divine Truth.

God's Way is to feel with God alone and to let go of the reliance on others for 'emotional support' while we 'feel'.

In truth we only really heal our emotional injuries when we are willing to let go of addictions e.g. the reliance on a group or another person to 'hold the space' or commiserate, and instead be willing to surrender to our emotions completely. Having the need or desire for others to 'hold a space' actually keeps us in addiction and while we still have addictions we will automatically be severely limited in what we can release and heal.

Cheers,
Mary

Sarahpetty
Newcomer

Post by Sarahpetty » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:35 am

It is 5:30 pm here in Oregon. I'm sitting with my journal writing down the reflections Nicki gave me. I do feel I need to work on these areas, and though uncomfortable it is why I turned to the forum. I figured I'd stay off the forum for awhile in order to address these issues, especially the one about spirit influence. I really do want to do this work for myself and teach it to others. Thank you, Mary, for adding to that. The small group is just to get people started on emoting. My friend learned it in Alaska 30 years ago and though they did not know the difference between causal and effect emotions she did internalize that emoting is a good thing and has done it with God since then. I found that her passion to help me stay with getting down to the causal (after she learned about that from DT videos) was a real help to stick with it. She and I both emote on our own with God now. She even walked 1300 miles on the Appalachian Trail as an exercise in emoting. She had a lot of deep stuff come up and the best day was the one when she walked uphill crying all day about her childhood sorrow. I do have to own that I have a lot of anger that this election has triggered. Thanks again!

Sarahpetty
Newcomer

Post by Sarahpetty » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:48 am

Mary--I will talk with my friend Wendy about needing someone to emote and include that in the classes. Thanks.

Amanda Stracey
Community Member

Post by Amanda Stracey » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:21 am

Sarah

If you haven't seen it already, I feel Mary has laid out some principles, information and education in the notes in this thread about our (the peoples of western countries) attitudes towards refugees which could be applied to some of the political decisions, feelings of bigotry and "righteous" anger that have surfaced in both of our countries recently.

viewtopic.php?f=57&t=409&start=10

viewtopic.php?f=57&t=409&start=20

Regards

Amanda

Nicky
Site Admin

Post by Nicky » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:01 pm

Hi

Although the forum is now closed, I would like to correct my previous action that I took here towards Sarah and apologise to her (originally issuing her with a board warning) and also so that anyone who may read this thread has more clarity on the situation and isn't confused by the differing feelings going on.

I was heavily in my own facade and addictions in my initial response to Sarah. I accused her of many things that were not true, felt angry and gave her potential suggestions which I would have done well to apply to myself first. What I thought Sarah was doing was all what I was doing. That is hypocritical and judgemental on my part. I was acting in a feeling of superiority and was condescending to her too.

My response came from my own issues of anger with women and the issues she was raising in this thread. I have been looking at these personal issues within myself over the past 2-3 weeks and looking back on this thread, I can see that I was way out of line in all of these areas.

It can be seen in Sarah's response to my initial reply (and her response to Mary's) that she was sincere in her feelings and was also self reflective and desirous to look at things, even though what I told her was inaccurate, (and actually an attack) which shows my initial feelings were way off the mark.

I would like to thank Mary for standing up for truth and addressing my errors in this thread and have got in touch with Sarah privately to apologise for my actions.

Cheers,
Nicky